Sturmgewehr mp44

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Sonny

Sturmgewehr mp44

Post by Sonny »

Milarm in Edmonton has one in excellent condition but they want $11,000. for it,are they nuts or something? :beek:

btw...prohibited licience required up here for them. :vsad:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Sturmgewehr mp44

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

They are not common and are expensive no matter were you go.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
dou44

Post by dou44 »

price is in line for a rare weapon.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Machine guns are expensive, there is a local class III dealer here that sells full auto, suppressors, etc..... They recently had a Vietnam era M16 with a 18,000 price tag. I thought that was nuts.
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

Lgs in town has a full auto m1 carbine for 10k. I would own it in a heartbeat if I had the cash.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

dou44 wrote:price is in line for a rare weapon.
Now that I think about it I guess you are right. :wink:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I had to fix my post above. It was a Vietnam era m16, not M27. Darn word correction!
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Recently we had a customer come in to the shop to sell a couple of M1 carbines that Grampa brought home after the war. They were both made in 1942 and in good but not excellent condition. We bought the one but the other had a slight problem. It was a fully functioning M2 carbine, ( fully automatic for those that are not informed on the M2). As we are not a class 3 dealer we couldn't buy it not to mention it was illegal for us to have. We informed him it was not legal to have without proper papers or even to sell. Unofficially we told him to go put it back under the bed and keep it in the family forever.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
jeremyb

Post by jeremyb »

I'd love to see a m2 carbine in person. I need to get me another m1 carbine.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

jeremyb wrote:I'd love to see a m2 carbine in person. I need to get me another m1 carbine.
You have, the M2 is just a regular M1 with some updated parts inside.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

You can just do this option for about $600 :lol:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Longcolt44 wrote:Recently we had a customer come in to the shop to sell a couple of M1 carbines that Grampa brought home after the war. They were both made in 1942 and in good but not excellent condition. We bought the one but the other had a slight problem. It was a fully functioning M2 carbine, ( fully automatic for those that are not informed on the M2). As we are not a class 3 dealer we couldn't buy it not to mention it was illegal for us to have. We informed him it was not legal to have without proper papers or even to sell. Unofficially we told him to go put it back under the bed and keep it in the family forever.
:pointup: :thumbsup:
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
akuser47

Post by akuser47 »

Is that an ati .22lr version they seem well built I have shot one and it was a joy to shot for sure. a true stg 44-- The ammo is even more costly if I had the cash for full auto gun it wuld at least be one with a common ammo diet of my country. just my opinion is all. 9mm, 5.56, .45acp, even 7.62X39,7.62x54R, .308
ImageLive free, or die fighting, for the right, to do so!
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

BuckeyeSgt wrote:You can just do this option for about $600 :lol:
One of those is actually pretty high on my want list! I just think it would be a cool as hell plinker! Since I can't afford a full auto NFA weapon like that, I'll eventually settle for an ATI replica that I can shoot for pennies on the dollar. :biggrin:
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
Sirex

Post by Sirex »

Sonny wrote:Milarm in Edmonton has one in excellent condition but they want $11,000. for it,are they nuts or something? :beek:

That's a very nice rifle. I would Tapco the hell outta it. :lol:
avenger

Post by avenger »

I wish i had money..id have tons of rare guns like that..and a huge garage with lots of classic cars..man :Drool1:
-John
"Hunting small animals is easy. You shoot at them with this and it lights them on fire and cooks them before you even get to them" -Me when showing picture of M44
vblue42

Post by vblue42 »

Sonny wrote:Milarm in Edmonton has one in excellent condition but they want $11,000. for it,are they nuts or something? :beek:

11,000 is a steal. The going rate for a real STG/MP44 is about 40,000+
'56 SHE VZ52
'46 Izhevsk M44 Mosin Carbine
'44 Finnish VKT M39 Mosin
'40 Tula 91/30 Finn Capture
'44 K98 Mauser (Yugo Rework)
'43 Swiss K31
'45 Springfield M1 Garand
'43 Remington 1903A3
'43 Long Branch No.4 Mk.1*
'58 Madsen M47
VZ58 Folder With Beaver Barf
New Frontier/KAK AR15 5.56mm
Smith & Wesson M&P9
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

We have some Class 3 dealers, it's like a walk through a new car lot pricewise :shock: One has an original M1928A1 Thompson with the drums and stick mags, the pouches, basically a whole setup, I wasn't man enough to even flip the price tag :vsad: :oops: But, it sure was purdy :Drool1:

I'll stick to the commercial parts kit wannabe copies :D , if I had $11,000 when I got this, the remaining $10,575 could buy me a whole lotta ammo to feed it :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

Greasemonkey wrote:We have some Class 3 dealers, it's like a walk through a new car lot pricewise :shock: One has an original M1928A1 Thompson with the drums and stick mags, the pouches, basically a whole setup, I wasn't man enough to even flip the price tag :vsad: :oops: But, it sure was purdy :Drool1:

I'll stick to the commercial parts kit wannabe copies :D , if I had $11,000 when I got this, the remaining $10,575 could buy me a whole lotta ammo to feed it :lol:
Ok, I feel like a dumbass, but just what exactly is that? Also, if that's a wood stock the figuring in it is awesome! It reminds me of a Reising.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

RazorBurn wrote: Ok, I feel like a dumbass, but just what exactly is that? Also, if that's a wood stock the figuring in it is awesome! It reminds me of a Reising.
It's a U.S. importer built semi-auto version Finnish KP-31 Suomi. And when I saw the stock, it was love at first sight :Drool1: :lol:
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.