ammo prices going down?

Reloading and any ammunition discussions are here.
sbaker5

ammo prices going down?

Post by sbaker5 »

Last few weeks I saw 54r ans 7.62x39 go down 10-20 bucks. Anyone think this trend will continue or will they go back up?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: ammo prices going down?

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

It will not continue and prices will go higher sooner or later.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
m1guy

Post by m1guy »

True, sooner or later they will. But I'm hoping they will continue to creep down slightly for the next year. I imagine they might, as long as supply keeps coming in and as long as another idiot doesn't go in somewhere and start shooting folks. If that happens, I'm sure we'll have another panic. Then, a year from now, if the party of gun control gets a majority in the house, we'll have another one for sure.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I have been thinking about what a good time it is to put a few extra cans away while the getting is good. I thought about having a garage sale to fund some new ammo, but I know my wife would explain how bad we need it for Christmas.
bocephus

Post by bocephus »

I think they're going down. I think that's why we've seen sportsmanguides fluctuate up and down a bit lately. I think they're toying with the number to see what's the most they can charge and still sell. We've also seen a few other sellers coming down in price. Now only if someone would get a shipment of 8mm.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

You are right Bocephus, 8mm is what I want most. Do you remember a few years ago when AIM was running a spam can of 8mm for 99.95 with free shipping? I wish I had just bought at least 1.:cry:
bocephus

Post by bocephus »

A bunch of 50's Yugo 8mm was just on GB but they bid it up to .50 a round with shipping. I think wideners has the Romanian stuff for around .50 each.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I still have a couple of bandoleers of Turkish 8mm that I bought when it was plentiful at a local shop for 8.00 for 70 rds. That has been a very long time ago. Maybe 20 years?
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

bunkysdad wrote:You are right Bocephus, 8mm is what I want most. Do you remember a few years ago when AIM was running a spam can of 8mm for 99.95 with free shipping? I wish I had just bought at least 1.:cry:
Romanian I believe.... I snagged a bunch of Romanian a few years before that from Sportsman's Guide; 760 round crates for $55 I believe. I got more than a few. Proof that it don't get cheaper so get while the getting is good. :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
m1guy

Post by m1guy »

I got 70 of that Turkish for $25 at a show not long ago. I figured anything below 50 cents a round was pretty good now.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Remember that the Turk ammo is on the hot side, I bought tens of thousands of rounds of it back in the day and shot it for years at 2.3 cents a round. I shot it in strong German Mauser actions, and other Mauser's with the 1898 action, no 1893's or Hakim use.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
m1guy

Post by m1guy »

2.3 cents a round. That is almost as low as .22s were, pre-2008. Makes me wish I had been into milsurps and collecting back then. Of course, is hard to do as much of it in junior high.