Zastava M57 worth it?

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
sbaker5

Zastava M57 worth it?

Post by sbaker5 »

Guns are making me so broke :x I bought a springfield XD9 a month ago and now a mosin nagant, however I am already looking at a Zastava M57, just for a 7.62x25 round, I do a lot of can, appliance, steel target shooting, and punching holes in stuff is fun, but do you actually enjoy the tokerev style of gun?
Bareassmeagain

Re: Zastava M57 worth it?

Post by Bareassmeagain »

I have 2 m57's and they are very fun to shoot. The x25 round is a very fast traveling bullet and the Tok's are pretty darn accurate. Some imported pistols has after market safetys installed for importation and sometimes would make my pistol malfunction. But after easily removing the safety it was ON ! Another bad thing is that all the surplus ammo has dried up and its not as fun to shoot them anymore paying 20.00 bucks a box.

BAMA
neorebel

Post by neorebel »

I think they're worth around $225.00 or so and the 7.62x25 round is a rather hefty kicking round!
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

Very nice inexpensive handgun, and super fast round it gets to the target quick. I just need to work on that trigger pull, I've heard removing the aftermarket safety might lighten up the pull. :vconfused:
IMG_2198.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
390ish

Post by 390ish »

Zastava safety is a factory item. Don't remove. Enjoy it for what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I liked the Tokarev so much it became my carry gun. Then recently Zastava came out with the same design in 9mm. I now carry that. Here is some inside info...There is 35,000 rounds of 7.62X25 showing up soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Synack

Post by Synack »

I'm a huge fan of the M70A (9mm Luger) and the M88A (9mm Luger, compact). Way cheaper and easier to feed than the M57. (I wish 7.62x25 was more available, even new production -- It's fun to shoot.)
Synack

Post by Synack »

Longcolt44 wrote:Here is some inside info...There is 35,000 rounds of 7.62X25 showing up soon.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Longcolt44 wrote:I liked the Tokarev so much it became my carry gun. Then recently Zastava came out with the same design in 9mm. I now carry that. Here is some inside info...There is 35,000 rounds of 7.62X25 showing up soon.
YEAH BABY!!!!!!!
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain