New to me VKT M39

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
mosinowner

New to me VKT M39

Post by mosinowner »

Nothing like winning an auction I didn't expect to win...thought I'd be outbid on this one...
This auction appealed to me, not only because of the very clean M39, but I reload and the extra goodies made this auction a win-win for me.
Here's some photos form the auction:

:pointdown:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =370782361
gurn

Re: New to me VKT M39

Post by gurn »

Great looking M39. Good deal, its like getting the extras for free. :thumbsup:
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

Very nice 42 VKT :thumbsup: :thumbsup: and a free gift bag. :vcool:
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

Really nice m39 :Drool1: I was watching that one myself. One of these days I will "pull the trigger" on a 39. I just keep hoping to find one locally.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

:thumbsup:
mosinowner

More Photos Re: New to me VKT M39

Post by mosinowner »

Here are the photos from the auction and some more that were emailed to me.....I found out after the auction that this is a wartime stock.. :-)

Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

Nice! I was looking at that one. Congrats on the pickup! 8-) :thumbsup:
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

Great pick up! She's a real beauty.
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
jonnyboy091373

Post by jonnyboy091373 »

You are one lucky sob. That is a great deal for everything you're getting. You should expect better accuracy with heavier bullets. Closer to 1 moa. Great find :)
mosinowner

Post by mosinowner »

jonnyboy091373 wrote:You are one lucky sob. That is a great deal for everything you're getting. You should expect better accuracy with heavier bullets. Closer to 1 moa. Great find :)
The bullets that come with the rifle are light indeed.
Couple days ago I ordered some Sierra Matchking .311 174 gr Hollow Point Boat Tail....looking forward to loading 7.62x54r

I've reloaded .223/5.56 and many pistols cartridges, but I'm just starting with 7.62x54r :-)
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Very nice, great deal also. The extras are worth more then the shipping. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

jonnyboy091373 wrote:You are one lucky sob. That is a great deal for everything you're getting. You should expect better accuracy with heavier bullets. Closer to 1 moa. Great find :)

That was a great deal on a nice rifle, better accuracy, the target posted s better than any I'll ever post up :Drool1: :thumbsup:
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Nice find! :Drool1: The war time stocks have rounded joints. Post war are square.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

YOU DAMN NEAR LOST THIS ONE. WHY?

Because I was bidding against you! :big shock: At 2 min prior to the end of the auction, I backed off. :shifty: I really wanted the reloading gear, and intended to trade or sell the rifle,........so IF you want to find a home for the brass and heads, let me know and your rifle will cost you even less :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: , let me know :biggrin:

Ok: To your "WIN". You did well. The rifle is a solid shooter and will add to ANY collection, especially of M39's. I would have put the value of the rifle alone at $400.00 so count your blessings :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: My top would have been $400.00 so you saved another $24.00 BUT if I had known you were a forum member I never would have raised you at $350.00. Just saying. :brolleyes:
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
mosinowner

Post by mosinowner »

TopperT wrote:YOU DAMN NEAR LOST THIS ONE. WHY?

Because I was bidding against you! :big shock: At 2 min prior to the end of the auction, I backed off. :shifty: I really wanted the reloading gear, and intended to trade or sell the rifle,........so IF you want to find a home for the brass and heads, let me know and your rifle will cost you even less :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: , let me know :biggrin:

Ok: To your "WIN". You did well. The rifle is a solid shooter and will add to ANY collection, especially of M39's. I would have put the value of the rifle alone at $400.00 so count your blessings :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: My top would have been $400.00 so you saved another $24.00 BUT if I had known you were a forum member I never would have raised you at $350.00. Just saying. :brolleyes:
LOL, so you're the one! LOL
I was actually surprised I did not get outbid on this one....The condition and the extra goodies drove my bidding...I'm not sure if I will load the .312 XTP pistol bullets...If I decide to part with them, I'll give you first shot at it. :-)
There have been a lot of nice M39's for sale lately....keep looking and I'm sure you will find a good deal. :-) This is my second M39....now I'm placing myself on a buying hold for a lil while (bought 4 mosins in the last few weeks).

:)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Four Mosins in a few weeks? What's wrong with that? That's not that much, there was a time I was bringing in that much every few days, or even day :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
mosinowner

Post by mosinowner »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Four Mosins in a few weeks? What's wrong with that? That's not that much, there was a time I was bringing in that much every few days, or even day :)
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

Hey, "ALL's FAIR" at the Auction.....I wish at times we did know who we were bidding against, however. :shifty:

Its a great rifle and you did very well to get it. I bought 15 M39's in the past two years and plan to keep four (ok maybe 5 :brolleyes: ) for my little Finnish collection. I have several left to sell off to pay for my habit :redfaced: and really didn't need another BUT....this one looked VERY good. Congratulations! :thumbsup: .

Just when you think "I'm done buying.......", along comes yet another "must have". My gun fund is on life support right now with a 91/30 I just got but when one sees a REALLY good rifle its hard not to want it :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: .
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Like everyone said you got all the extras for free at that price. Saw one at a show this weekend for $350 something and it was a Sako and not half as nice as that one! I have a 1942 VKT serialed at 5515x which is very similar to yours. Congrats! Bill