Cross Bolt Nut

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
mcsupersoldier

Cross Bolt Nut

Post by mcsupersoldier »

Anyone have an extra cross bolt nut they want to get rid of? I have a T53 that is missing one.
finloq

Re: Cross Bolt Nut

Post by finloq »

If you are talking about the stock bolt, eBay has plenty. Now the tool to tighten...?
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
Chrome Moly Vampire

Post by Chrome Moly Vampire »

Try Liberty Tree, out sponsor!
"I never miss a chance to provide joy and/or erotic thoughts to the elderly"
~Floran~
mcsupersoldier

Post by mcsupersoldier »

I guess this is the technical term for what i need. Mosin Nagant Recoil Lug Spanner Nut
Liberty Tree has them but I'm afraid that the shipping would cost more than the nut.
drabnor

Post by drabnor »

8 bucks delivered on ebay just do a search for mosin crossbolt nut
a few old Russian bolt actions
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

You don't need a special tool - just use thin long nosed pliers. I don't know, however, how much you should torque them down. Most refurbs I have received are only torqued on about 5 lbs. - not much at all. I would say just enough to hold them on snuggly. You can get the cross bolts quite readily. check Liberty Tree or BuyMilsurp.