Fired My First Full Auto

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
WeldonHunter

Fired My First Full Auto

Post by WeldonHunter »

Note: Since we don't have a full auto section and they sell a semi-auto version of this I put it here.

As the title states, today I fired my first full auto firearm. Some of you might remember me mentioning that where I live there's a lot of firearms owners and a few that own full auto stuff. Firearms are a part of life around here. This is hunting and fishing paradise. Everyone here has ponds or access to lakes close by and most everyone has deer stands, hunts turkey, hogs, squirrel and other game. I hear people target shooting in the off season and sighting in firearms just before hunting seasons begin. Today was no different and when I heard they had the full auto out I had to go investigate. After all I couldn't let them have all the fun. When I got there I saw they were just about done but one of the ladies asked to shoot the full auto rifle. Then another one asked. Then he handed it to me. It's an MP5 with a red dot scope chambered in 9mm. What a cool little rifle. Of course I took the camera and got a few videos because I just knew you all would appreciate seeing it in action. I got a picture of it and a few videos of the ladies shooting it and one of me shooting it. I didn't actually go over with the intention of shooting it but that was an added bonus. You can't tell but I'm also wearing one of my Russian Mosin Nagant Forum hats. Wish he'd have gotten that in the video. Oh well maybe next time. Hope you enjoy them, I know I sure did.

ponycarman

Re: Fired My First Full Auto

Post by ponycarman »

Very cool! :thumbsup: I've always wanted to try the full autos that are available for rental at one of the ranges here. Looks fun. But I'm sure I wouldnt like the ammo bill :shock:
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Very cool. I miss my M60 days with pretty much unlimited ammo. :lol: We shot up 15,000 rounds one day.
But my bucket list is to shoot a MP40 and just have a pic doing it.

An MP5 would be pretty sweet too.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

BuckeyeSgt wrote:Very cool. I miss my M60 days with pretty much unlimited ammo. :lol: We shot up 15,000 rounds one day.
But my bucket list is to shoot a MP40 and just have a pic doing it.

An MP5 would be pretty sweet too.

I've heard stories about this rifle and I hear him shooting it all the time. Do you guys remember the Memorial Day thread where I put a picture up of my buddy that's a WW2 vet with him holding my M1 Garand. Well he's shot this rifle too and had told me about it but he wasn't sure what it was. This is the first time I've seen it. It was fun to shoot for sure. I invited him to come over and shoot with us the next time he hears us. I have no idea what he has but I'm sure there's other surprises. He's the one I've told you guys about that's retired FBI and is now a consultant for the city of Shreveport. These guys are all law enforcement. The former chief of police for Shreveport is the one in the background that said "sign him up" while I was shooting.
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

I have had the pleasure of shooting a few full autos (and with the bonus of using someone else's ammunition) :dance: A Mac in .380 and a Sten and MP-5 in 9mm. Lots of fun. Did I mention someone else provided (Uncle Sugar and the local PD for the 9mm) the ammunition :thumbsup:
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Jeff2-142

Post by Jeff2-142 »

Aw, I'm jealous! I'm a veteran, so I've handled my share of neat toys but never ye olde trusty Mp5. After playing Counter Strike so much 13+ years ago I've been dying to get my hands on one of these. :D
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

I too have shot a few select fire weapons. Sadly they were not mine but Uncle Sams. I was issued a BMG M2 and put many thousands of rounds down range. I also fired the mk19, m240B, A sub gun would be fun to own.
Kollaa kestää
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

Looks like a lot of fun. I, too have shot a MP5, but it has been 20 years ago at a range in Alabama. You could go through some ammo dollars real fast! :Drool1: :Drool1:
dou44

Post by dou44 »

i love to shoot full auto when i can and i do miss that part of the army.acouple of years ago when i was doing ww2 reenacting we had a mg shoot and i shot just about every fa that the germand used in ww2 .i liked the mpwo over the mp44 and the mg34 and 42 ate the ammo up
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

:thumbsup: My only experience with a full auto weapon was my fathers friends M1928 Thompson, and only one thing went to my mind, HOLY S@#$ :shock:

And, yes it really does sound like a typewriter. :thumbsup:
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Very cool. I got the chance to shoot a 10" M16 a few years ago. Nothing quite like it. 8-) 8-) 8-)
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

:thumbsup: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Israeli Uzi in the early 1980's while visiting friends out of state, fun, but I never got into that stuff, even then it was not a cheap piece to operate.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

very cool i get to watch the gunners test ammo hear often in full auto but ive never shot one myself
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

ive watched the ballistic gunners shoot the full autos here but never shot one myself
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

My DD mk18 has a Geissele Super Dynamic 3 Gun trigger and it has a very short, light pull and reset. I have been asked a few times when doing a mag dump if it was a full auto. :mrgreen: It is about the closest thing I have to a full auto.

http://geissele.com/superdynamic3gun.aspx
Kollaa kestää
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
A J

Post by A J »

I retired from the U.S. Army in June but never did too much full-auto firing; mostly just semi auto on the ranges. I always enjoyed it though, especially the SAW (squad automatic weapon). It's basically a miniature M60 machinegun that shoots .223. It was fairly easy to fire and the smaller caliber round was actually easier to handle than the heavier 7.62.

Never was very good at firing the M16 or M4 on auto (or burst). Rounds just seemed to go all over the place.