Gun shop

crwjr

Gun shop

Post by crwjr »

I was pritty happy about this so I thought I would share the info. I now will be working in my hometown gun shop. I have known the owner for sometime. I asked him today if he needed any help during shows or around the shop. He said sure I could use the help. I didnt ask for money or commission, just to learn from him the business part of it. So now any spare time I have from work and hunting/family I will be working in his gun store.. This might be good for me but probably not good for my bank account... :lol: I think I see more milsurps in my future. and every MN that comes in the door. Im already wishing! :toast:
”A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.”
~George Washington
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Gun shop

Post by bunkysdad »

If you are going to work for free then I hope you develope some serious will power:P
Working for free with something you love sometimes sounds better than getting paid for doing what you hate doing. Most people have little choice:oops:
crwjr

Post by crwjr »

I'm working there for free, but I'm sure he will offer a comision he is that type of guy.. But I do work for money elswhere!! Lol even if he doesn't offer anything but to teach me the ropes I will be happy with that!!
”A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.”
~George Washington
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Think you can get me a discount? :biggrin:

Good luck, sounds like it will be both educational and fun!
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I use to hang out in a gun shop when my friend had one back in the 90's, cost me a big chunk of change, but it sure was fun :biggrin:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Alden

Post by Alden »

I'm gonna retire from teaching in another couple of years and I was thinking of doing the same thing. I guess offering to work for free, but asking for commission money might be a good way to go.

Or maybe just working for free for a month or two, then if things work out, asking for commissions.
Some people are like slinkies....

They are not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Sounds like a good plan to me :D :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)