Polish Construction of Small Arms. wz.91/98/25

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
shoto2758

Re: Polish Construction of Small Arms. wz.91/98/25

Post by shoto2758 »

Execellent presentation of a extraordinary find.
Thanks for sharing that "find" with us.
You Da man.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do Not Think Of Winning.
Think,Rather,Of Not Losing

Gichin Funakoshi
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

Rongo wrote:Now this is a very odd variation of the Mosin Nagant platform... No one can dispute that. Martin08 has compiled all of his information into one of the longest forum posts in the history of the forum. I've been working all day & am too tired right now to read the whole thing... But from what I've gone through so far has me fascinated. It is evident from the get go that this is delving into a whole different Universe than what we are used to with a standard issue rifle, Refurb, Finn, SCW & so on. All I can say is this is a stunning dedication to acquire & present a truly hard to find & intrinsic piece of History that most of us will never see in person. Matt, Thank You for your hard work & taking the time to share it with us... BRAVO!!!

Showcase Submission :udaman:
+100 :thumbsup:
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
willyj73

Post by willyj73 »

Just revisiting this as I picked up a sporterized Polish conversion today at auction (well, I won it, but it won't ship for a few weeks). Got some good info from the showcase info on this rifle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mosin Fanboy
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

That's a fine looking rifle Willy. It looks like it was made into a shortened stock sporter a long time ago perhaps just like the model owned by Martin08. The barrel wasn't touched and it makes me wonder if perhaps it was the result of a broken stock or war damaged stock.
willyj73

Post by willyj73 »

bunkysdad wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:07 am That's a fine looking rifle Willy. It looks like it was made into a shortened stock sporter a long time ago perhaps just like the model owned by Martin08. The barrel wasn't touched and it makes me wonder if perhaps it was the result of a broken stock or war damaged stock.
I thought it was sporterized too; however, while researching older threads on these rifles, it seems that a lot of them had the forend cut (referred to as a duffel cut). So, I don't know if these were commonly taken as war trophies after WW2. Another person suggested they may have been used by U.S. volunteers during the Spanish Civil war and brought home. Regardless, it doesn't seem to be uncommon for the forends to be cut--mine just doesn't have the cut off piece. Fortunately, the rear band is still with the rifle. Not sure how that didn't fall off (I hope they don't loose it during packing/shipping).
Mosin Fanboy