Weldon's update

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
WeldonHunter

Re: Weldon's update

Post by WeldonHunter »

pacanis wrote:Weldon, how did you come into these great rifles, especially the prewar ones? Did you just order a bunch and happened to get a '32 Tula? Or is this what some places online refer to as hand picking? I would love to have a 91-30 Tula, but don't know how to go about getting one except to keep my eyes open in case I bump into one in person.

First off this all started on Black Friday. Well actually it started on the evening of Thanksgiving eve Wednesday. That's when Bryan at AIM sent out the email Flyer about these. This thread http://www.russian-mosin-nagant-forum.c ... f=5&t=1184 was the begining of all of this. I rolled the dice and bought the 6 guns without knowing what I'd get. Bryan is the President of AIM Surplus. He's also a friend of mine. I haven't talked to him since I ordered these and I owe him a called to thank him. These were not hand picked as far as I know. I didn't pay for it anyway. He told me they were so swamped with orders I don't know that he would have had time to pick them out for me anyway and I wouldn't have asked. I really didn't care. I had one M44 and now was going to have a bunch of Mosins all at once. Anything I got would be something I didn't have and at these prices I couldn't go wrong. I'm a happy man and all for the low low price of about $700 for 6 guns. I've spend way more and had a lot less fun. :D
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

It's good to know that purchases can be made online and you can still come out with some fine rifles.
I will keep AIM in mind. I was all set to pull the trigger on my first two MNs when they ran out of M44s.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

pacanis wrote:It's good to know that purchases can be made online and you can still come out with some fine rifles.
I will keep AIM in mind. I was all set to pull the trigger on my first two MNs when they ran out of M44s.

I might have mentioned this before but the last time I talked to Bryan he told me he had a deal in the works to get more M44s and depending on the price they get them for he may run this sale again. If he does I'll for sure be posting it here. Aim's a great place to do business with. A real top notch operation. They're in Ohio. I just emailed him to thank him for these and I gave him some links to the posts about them. He's a real busy guy but he may stop by.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

8-)8-)8-):P
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

:udaman:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Rongoman wrote::udaman:
bunkysdad wrote:8-)8-)8-):P
LMAO I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy, lol.

For my next installment...range report. :D
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Ok so lets see. I have wished to visit New York to shoot with Jim, kentucky to shoot Erik, now Louisiana to shoot with Mike-Weldonhunter
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Sorry Erik I meant shoot with Erik. :lol:
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

bunkysdad wrote:Sorry Erik I meant shoot with Erik. :lol:
Sure, sure.

lol, that one made me chuckle :)
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

5 pages and a boat load of photos and information. We need to make this thread into it's own sub-forum :)
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

MN Fan wrote:
bunkysdad wrote:Sorry Erik I meant shoot with Erik. :lol:
Sure, sure.

lol, that one made me chuckle :)
It did more than that with me. If I was drinking anything it'd been on the screen. You are A riot BD. Oh and you're welcome here anytime buddy. You're not that far either. :alien:
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

MN Fan wrote:5 pages and a boat load of photos and information. We need to make this thread into it's own sub-forum :)
Hey don't blame it on me. It was his idea. :arrow: desdem12
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I thought it was a good idea...sees what i know. :D :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

This post is up to 10 pages on my smart phone!
Sgt. Rob

Post by Sgt. Rob »

OK, sorry Gents, but I had to resurect this post from the dead! :beek: WeldonHunter, that is one seriously nice insta-collection! The rifles are all superb, and it speaks well of AIM? I believe is what was mentioned as where you got them (it was five pages back of alot of reading). Although you did not ask for hand picked, you really kind of got it. The variety and condition on all are a notch above the norm. The 1942 with that sanded stock is a pure gem. Wierdness like that is very hard to find, cause you would think it would get tossed with that kind of a sanding dip. My guess is it was the effort of trying to repair a flat split started probably by the rear barrel band area. The Tula hex (as my wife might say) "is to die for!" I just really cannot believe the condition of the wood, and the color and grain on each one, some great cartouches. An extremely great start to Mosin collecting! :thumbsup:

So now the next question ------ Range Reports????

Semper Fi, Rob
My Mosin-Nagant arsenal.........is growing again
1938 Tula
1943 Izhevsk M91/30 PU Sniper
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Sgt. Rob wrote:OK, sorry Gents, but I had to resurect this post from the dead! :beek: WeldonHunter, that is one seriously nice insta-collection! The rifles are all superb, and it speaks well of AIM? I believe is what was mentioned as where you got them (it was five pages back of alot of reading). Although you did not ask for hand picked, you really kind of got it. The variety and condition on all are a notch above the norm. The 1942 with that sanded stock is a pure gem. Wierdness like that is very hard to find, cause you would think it would get tossed with that kind of a sanding dip. My guess is it was the effort of trying to repair a flat split started probably by the rear barrel band area. The Tula hex (as my wife might say) "is to die for!" I just really cannot believe the condition of the wood, and the color and grain on each one, some great cartouches. An extremely great start to Mosin collecting! :thumbsup:

So now the next question ------ Range Reports????

Semper Fi, Rob
Thanks Rob as you put it "the insta collection" lol, sorry I had to chuckle at that, was all from AIM. It was a Black friday sale I listed a few weeks before. Russian M44s for $149.50, M91/30s round receiver for $69.50 or $219 for both so I bought that deal times 2 and decided to pick up a few hexes while I was at it because I found out the code that they had going also worked for them and brought the price down to $79.50 from $89.95. I couldn't resist. That and I know the president of the company Bryan Flannagan though I'm not sure if he picked these out himself like he did with the next ones I got I suspect he did hence the Hex Tula. The next sale was the laminates and I got 4 of them. All Tula's and handpick best of 5 on them just to see what difference it made. I know he picked those out. He told me he did and threw in a few t-shirts too. One is just like the one Longcolt44 just got from there when he visited the store. I got 4 excellant rifles with one that has a very good bore to the rest having excellant mirror like bores. A far cry from the Polish M44 I had with the sewer pipe bore as my only Mosin up 'til I bought all of these.

So far I've only shot one of them and that's the hex tula that you liked and it's a fine shooter. I had pictures from the shoot that Fred_G and I did a few weeks ago but the camera's memory card decided to die halfway through the shoot so the range report will have to be another time. We're going to be getting together a week from Sunday and the camera's working now so maybe I'll have a few pictures then. We'll probably be shooting some exploding targets too.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Yeah Rob, Mike here is the reason that AIM is out of stock on all the good stuff. :)