I found this interesting.........................

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
redeuce

I found this interesting.........................

Post by redeuce »

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =332811948

Shoot..............I just saw a small Molot stamp on the tang. JYD or Dolk, can you move this to the Molot section?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: I found this interesting.........................

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:no2: :no2: :no2: :no2:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
MarksmanTim

Post by MarksmanTim »

WOW. A complete liar: "I've had it in my collection for many years" Why does it have a Molot stamp on it then?

Unfortunately, many people won't recognize the marking in the one picture. I also can't believe people bid this up over $400 and it didn't even meet the reserve! :big shock:
Tim

Favorites of the collection:
1909 Ex-Cossack M91/38
1929 SIG M28 non updated
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

IT sure looks refinished to the blind me too. :oji:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

You guys have good eyes. It took me 3 or 4 passes over his pictures to find that molot stamp.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
Burgman50

Post by Burgman50 »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in order for it to be all matching and all original, doesn't it have to have the prefix that precedes the serial # on the receiver as well as the bolt, trigger assembly, and the butt plate? If no letters, then it's calle a force matched??
Big Mo (1942 91/30 Izhevsk )
Crazy Ivan (1944 M44 Izhevsk )
(1954.5 Type 53)
(1944 Tula 1895 Nagant)
(1953 Romanian TTC)
(1976 M59/66A1)
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

correct :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
FINNADDICT

Post by FINNADDICT »

I pass.
TO WIN YOU NEED A FINN
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Yup another scammer lieing through his teeth. Refinshed stock on a recently imported M44. Not rare and now twice ruined as a collectable rifle. Putz!
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

WeldonHunter wrote:Yup another scammer lieing through his teeth. Refinshed stock on a recently imported M44. Not rare and now twice ruined as a collectable rifle. Putz!
+1
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
redeuce

Post by redeuce »

I find it disturbing that a wave of M44's and M38's are appearing on GB, that just sold for $199-$229, and being marketed and sold for $300 and up...........................without any referral to the "stamp".........................................some dummies leave them right in the shipping box.....................
rlchemist

Post by rlchemist »

The seller said that there were "no strikeouts" which might be factually correct, but it sure looks as if the original number on the floorplate has been ground or polished off. :?:
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

rlchemist wrote:The seller said that there were "no strikeouts" which might be factually correct, but it sure looks as if the original number on the floorplate has been ground or polished off. :?:
Every numbered part on that rifle was ground off and renumbered except the barrel number. It's a refurb. All of them are made from parts from different rifles that were lined out or ground off and renumbered to the barrel number of the rifle being built. Matching numbers on a refurbished Mosin Nagant means virtually nothing.
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

Because I don't know what the stamp looks like, which one is the molot stamp??? :?: :vconfused:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

It is the diamond shaped one on the tang with the 3 letters in it.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Gsragtop wrote:Because I don't know what the stamp looks like, which one is the molot stamp??? :?: :vconfused:

Here's a few that were on my M91/30 PU. There's simliar ones on the M38's and M44s as well as ones from the Molot partners including the words Waff-Schu. If you look through the Molot sub-forum there's examples of them all. viewforum.php?f=64

wolfstein

Post by wolfstein »

:angry4: Liar Liar, pants on fire.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vconfused:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
wolfstein

Post by wolfstein »

Junk Yard Dog wrote::vconfused:
The seller claimed he had the rifle in his collectionn for years. How could that be???? Did I miss something?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

wolfstein wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote::vconfused:
The seller claimed he had the rifle in his collectionn for years. How could that be???? Did I miss something?
The technical term is BS, or BullShit, a ploy used by internet auction sellers to help move products in online auctions, and the reason why you should take anything you see like this with a grain of salt. They can, and will say anything to make the product sound better, and will outright make shit up. Not long ago we had a seller claiming the red highlighting found on the markings of some Mosins was a suicide paste that the soldier would lick if being captured. If the seller is not a dealer well known to you just go in figuring evetything they say is crap unless it's something you know from other sources to be true.
Theodore Roosevelt