Amusing local newspaper ad

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
racerguy00

Amusing local newspaper ad

Post by racerguy00 »

A local ad states the buyer is looking for a mossin nugget rifle. Does anyone happen to have one? I never heard of one of those. :D
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
desertgunner

Re: Amusing local newspaper ad

Post by desertgunner »

:chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles:
The second "s" could be a typo, the nugget means he thinks they are very precious.............nothing wrong with that thinking. :vcool:

However, I would not plan to ever sell him one, he might not be able to spell "Ishevsk". :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles:
"FOR WE ARE MANY"
An armed Public consists of Citizens, an unarmed Public consists of Subjects!
TheSovietSamurai

Post by TheSovietSamurai »

Haha, oh wow. Sounds like this fellow could be a bit of a bubba to me, but you shouldn't assume these things :P
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

I see guys calling them Nuggets all the time. How quaint. :roll:
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

Was the guy looking for a 6 piece or 20 piece mossin nugget :lol:
Buy the truth, and do not sell it,
Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.
Proverbs 23:23
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

WeldonHunter wrote:I see guys calling them Nuggets all the time. How quaint. :roll:

Yeah I get that around here often too! I stay away from trading them anything because I quickly suspect what they might have in mind. I just jump the deal up a bit. Bill :wink:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

They want fries with that?
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

:lol: :lol: :pointup:
Buy the truth, and do not sell it,
Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.
Proverbs 23:23
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:big shock: :big shock: :big shock: :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

I've heard of a Kentucky fried nuggets, or even McNuggets...but Mosin nuggets? What part of the Mosin is the "nugget"? :big shock:

Darryl
Joethehuman

Post by Joethehuman »

Once a guy at the range told me "nice rifle, I really want a nugget too..." :chuckles: At first i didnt know what the hell he was saying. Just call it by its name
House Beagle

Post by House Beagle »

I like my mosin mcnuggets with honey mustard! :lol:
iwuzwhatiwuz

Post by iwuzwhatiwuz »

I think the ultimate Mosin "nickname" is "Moist Nugget" which sounds particularly unappealing. I enjoy my chicken nuggets as much as the next red blooded American but not if the crispy exterior is soggy. I esp don't like my Mosin "Nuggets" moist!
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

People mispronounce things from ignorance and it particularly hard to repectfully try and correct them but it is worth a try at the least. Most times when you try they feel hurt or embarassed and can lash out at you. That is when you just either decide to continue trying or give up and walk away. Just keep in mind to argue with an idiot you have to sink to their level! Bill :o
jonnyboy091373

Post by jonnyboy091373 »

they werent looking for our beloved mosin nagants. they were looking for moss in nuggets. It's a new vegan diet thing, where you deep fry moss. they taste just like chicken ;)
joe7170

Post by joe7170 »

zeebill wrote:People mispronounce things from ignorance and it particularly hard to repectfully try and correct them but it is worth a try at the least. Most times when you try they feel hurt or embarassed and can lash out at you. That is when you just either decide to continue trying or give up and walk away. Just keep in mind to argue with an idiot you have to sink to their level! Bill :o
Another good one up here in our neck of the woods Bill, is how people pronounce some things. Now how folks say Mosin, is up to them, but Nagant is a pretty easy word to say. Hell if I ever went to the show and they told me you had Nuggets Bill, I'd come over and make you share :lol:
RIP Kevin Carney. Your always in our hearts.
kjohn

Post by kjohn »

Sort of on the same subject - Remmy, shotty, Winny, Mossy and so on. Carnaco or Caricano. :?
GOOD RIDDANCE LGR!! If there isn't a gun range in heaven, then I'm going to hell.
Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA - ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State. Heinrich Himmler
Three_Dogs

Post by Three_Dogs »

:big shock: :big shock: :big shock: :big shock: :big shock:
If corporations are people, when will we see one executed?
p-t-max

Post by p-t-max »

desertgunner wrote: However, I would not plan to ever sell him one, he might not be able to spell "Ishevsk". :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles:
Well, don't be too critical of him, dg, because apparently, neither can you; it's "Izhevsk." :lol: :thumbsup: :brolleyes:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :redfaced:
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

I saw a bubba 'molson nagant' just go through on GB. That's a new one to me too. :D
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.