M44 Chinese 1953 rifles for sale

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
ModelAUZI

M44 Chinese 1953 rifles for sale

Post by ModelAUZI »

OK I've found a place that has 22 Chinese M44's all marked 1953. they are in shale we say battle hardned shape. However they are 140.00 each. Now i know you guys are going to tell me to buy it but.........is that a good deal? Should they run about 150-200? The guy said i can look at all of them and pick out the best one. :vconfused: :vconfused:
"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."
- Ted Nugent
catcracker

Re: M44 Chinese 1953 rifles for sale

Post by catcracker »

If you can get choice of the litter, and can find one with nice rifling, I would go for that. But I don't currently have any. If I had a few, then I one would have to have something special to buy it. But no matter what, it sounds like a good price to me. The seller sounds like a good guy. If you find two good ones, maybe offer 250 for two. Bundle, bundle, bundle. :chuckles:
Cat
ffeng31

Post by ffeng31 »

+1 to what Cat said . $140 is a good deal considering there is no shipping when you buy em local. I second the bore recommendation and personally, I think beat up stocks are cool. I have a Garand with a stock that looks like hammered shit, but it has a great bore. It will nail golf balls at 100 yds all day long.
Jim

desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I concur with the guys. You can order one on the net but then there is shipping and transfer and that would equal about the same as that, and you get to choose one. Price is fairly close. Guy might be trying to make about 5 or 10 bucks is all.
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

I'd go with that price quickly with being able to check out the bore and muzzle, otherwise it's just hit or miss as to condition. What one seller might rate as "Fair" you might rate as "junk"... :2cents:
ModelAUZI

Post by ModelAUZI »

I think I'll head over tomorrow with my Okie gages. Something tells me I'm going to get one. :tongue:
"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."
- Ted Nugent
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

These were recently going for $119+shipping online so that's a good deal. Especially if you can pick the one you want.
rideandslidejim

Post by rideandslidejim »

I think there is a little confusion here, correct me if i'm wrong, but there are no Chinese M44's, the chinese version Is #53 Carbine. That being said, Bud's a little over a month ago had #53's for $119.00 free ship, thats's where a bought mine about 9 months ago, and i'd like to buy another. Sold out now, but i expect they will be back .

Jim
Member of the Lousy Spellers Of America Asso.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

rideandslidejim wrote:I think there is a little confusion here, correct me if i'm wrong, but there are no Chinese M44's, the chinese version Is #53 Carbine. That being said, Bud's a little over a month ago had #53's for $119.00 free ship, thats's where a bought mine about 9 months ago, and i'd like to buy another. Sold out now, but i expect they will be back .

Jim
Yes the Chinese version is called the Type53 or T-53 and is based on the Russian M44.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Sounds good to me. It sure would be fun looking through that many at once. Good luck.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

For the current batch of Type 53's I really want to see it in person before I even think about buying it. My local Fleet Farm has them for $129 & I almost bought one that wasn't too bad. Bring a bore light with... carefully inspect it & be picky. 2 (or was it 3) of the bores I looked down that day had chunks divot-ed from the rifling... totally worthless bore. Again... Be wary.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
ModelAUZI

Post by ModelAUZI »

Thanks everyone I'll let him know they are M53's since they are chinese. Got my gauges ready to go.
- Ted Nugent
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

I would be there with my guages, a bore light and some coffee and donuts for the guys in the shop. You will be remembered as that "that nice guy that brought us something" when they get other interesting rifles.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

you know I can be in Fredericksburg from Baltimore in a little over 4 hours depending on traffic. Hmmmmmm.......Road TRIP!!!! :twisted: (Just kidding) :D
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

rideandslidejim

Post by rideandslidejim »

Good luck !! Maybe you can find one with a cleaning rod, a rare find.

Jim
Member of the Lousy Spellers Of America Asso.
ModelAUZI

Post by ModelAUZI »

OK Sorry I did not give out where these are. Not trying to hide the stash. The are located on Quantico Va at the exchange.
- Ted Nugent
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

ModelAUZI wrote:Thanks everyone I'll let him know they are M53's since they are chinese. Got my gauges ready to go.

That would be "T" 53's, short for "Type 53".... :thumbsup:
surffly

Post by surffly »

I would buy one at $140 if they were local
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

So far I have seen none around here since 1992 or so.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
surffly

Post by surffly »

Where in NY are you?