Interesting trip to the gun show

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
racerguy00

Interesting trip to the gun show

Post by racerguy00 »

Saturday I got a late start to a large show not too far from me because I had forgot that my son wasvgoing to a birthday party. After that, cruising down the interstate I see the dreaded flashing lights behind me. I didnt think I was speeding, and I say dreaded because I thought I was REALLY going to miss the show by now. Long story short, I had a loose headlight bulb apparently from when I just had the front of my car dismantled. (dont ask)

The trooper saw my rifle case and asked what I had. I explained that it was a Remington mosin and I was on my way to the show. He asked if he had my permission to look at it, he owned one of those. I wasnt nervous or anything, my father is a retired LE officer. So following the normal safe procedure I stood with him while the other trooper got the case out of the car and checked out my Remington. The first trooper let me know he had a NEW m91 and was asking me questions about it as far as rarity and worth. Nice guy, both were totally professional.

I let them know about the work done to my car, and they let me check the light and I fixed the problem. (I had pulled into a rest area). With that I was free to go with nothing more than 'have a good day'
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
racerguy00

Re: Interesting trip to the gun show

Post by racerguy00 »

Oh, the show was packed. There were some deals to be had, $90 spam cans, a rack of non refurb mosins including an SCW, balkan and Finn 91/30s. Some refurbs were there and a $900 remington. lol. Met up with another member there for a good bs session too.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Did you direct him to the forum so we could see some pics of the NEW? :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

I did tell him about the forum actually. :D
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Lawrence44

Post by Lawrence44 »

I too, was at a gun show last Saturday, they had a line out to the parking lot. Took 20 minutes or so just to get to the door! Never saw one so packed with people. No deals, of course. One guy was selling his Mosin sniper(s) for $800 each. There was plenty of ammo to be had, the prices weren't any better than at J&G's. Be glad when things calm down...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I would hire a stripper to streak in the parking lot, that would clear the guys out of the line anyway.
Theodore Roosevelt
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

Its a gun crowd. The only stripper they would look at are "clips" :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles:
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

They are guys, walk into a noisy crowd around a table, say very softly "Oh man, her top just fell off" every head there would instantly swivel in the direction you were looking except that couple of guys who are holding each other hands :) Or you could just say that the Hooters girls were giving away free ammo samples in the parking lot, that would empty the place, maybe even the hand holders also .
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Sounds like a decent show anyway. Not getting a ticket is good all the time. Did yo try for a trade with the police? I would have asked for pictures. :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

desdem12 wrote:Sounds like a decent show anyway. Not getting a ticket is good all the time. Did yo try for a trade with the police? I would have asked for pictures. :lol:
Only if they were of the Charlie's Angels variety :lol:
Buy the truth, and do not sell it,
Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.
Proverbs 23:23
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Charlies angels had a mosin? :beek:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

That I would like to see :)
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Was talking to a female LEO here last week and was surprised she was a gun taker. Said she never even thought about them and her work which really surprised me. I don't think she was the brightest bulb on the lamp and maybe just a token female or something like that. I was not impressed by her in anyway. Bill :o
mrb7

Post by mrb7 »

zeebill wrote:Was talking to a female LEO here last week and was surprised she was a gun taker. Said she never even thought about them and her work which really surprised me.

Male or female makes no difference. I think about 60% of the LEOs see their sidearm as a nuisance. The tool they use the most is their ink pen.

Nobody every gets fires for losing their ink pen. Almost nobody every gets killed with their ink pen, although I'm sure it's bound to have happened somewhere. And nobody ever has to go through all that damned stupid qualification with their ink pen.

Screw up with the gun and you can get fired. Really screw up with the gun and you can get dead.

Seriously. I think about 60%, based on my totally random sampling of "professional police officers" in my family and their work associates, feel this way.

Yet these are the people who are more qualified than us?

Now, in all fairness, many of the remainder are dedicated professionals I'm happy to trust my life to when necessary. The problem is I don't know who is going to be on shift if I need them.
"The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

zeebill wrote:Was talking to a female LEO here last week and was surprised she was a gun taker. Said she never even thought about them and her work which really surprised me. I don't think she was the brightest bulb on the lamp and maybe just a token female or something like that. I was not impressed by her in anyway. Bill :o
Gun Taker?
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

mrb7 wrote:
zeebill wrote:Was talking to a female LEO here last week and was surprised she was a gun taker. Said she never even thought about them and her work which really surprised me.

Male or female makes no difference. I think about 60% of the LEOs see their sidearm as a nuisance. The tool they use the most is their ink pen.

Nobody every gets fires for losing their ink pen. Almost nobody every gets killed with their ink pen, although I'm sure it's bound to have happened somewhere. And nobody ever has to go through all that damned stupid qualification with their ink pen.

Screw up with the gun and you can get fired. Really screw up with the gun and you can get dead.

Seriously. I think about 60%, based on my totally random sampling of "professional police officers" in my family and their work associates, feel this way.

Yet these are the people who are more qualified than us?

Now, in all fairness, many of the remainder are dedicated professionals I'm happy to trust my life to when necessary. The problem is I don't know who is going to be on shift if I need them.
Prison, that's were an ink pen is a weapon, and gets someone killed. Using it to write a letter to Stalin telling him what you think of his rotton commie ways would also get you killed.
Theodore Roosevelt