Built my own Range out back

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
ModelAUZI

Built my own Range out back

Post by ModelAUZI »

Well I've been wanting to do this for a long time. My county says that you have to be 300' from the road to shoot. The backstop is made out of about 40 tires filled with dirt and small stone. Then I put lots of logs in the back of the tires and then covered the whole thing with dirt. You can shoot from about 100' or so (300' from the road) or set back a little more. I've only shot .22's on it so far but plan on shooting some more soon.

"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."
- Ted Nugent
kevins750

Re: Built my own Range out back

Post by kevins750 »

would be nice to have a range close to home.....Congrat's, looks very nice...
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Give a kid a backhoe and a chainsaw........
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

Nice.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
ModelAUZI

Post by ModelAUZI »

Longcolt44 wrote:Give a kid a backhoe and a chainsaw........

I like to play with front loaders.
"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."
- Ted Nugent
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Looks good! I would love to have a private range. :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
MarksmanTim

Post by MarksmanTim »

I guess I should be thankful that I have a 200 yard private range on my parents property, with the ability to expand it up to 550 yards if I moved the back stop... but that won't be anytime soon as it took me quite a few hours to build the back stop I have now, which is capable of stopping everything short of maybe a 50 cal.
Tim

Favorites of the collection:
1909 Ex-Cossack M91/38
1929 SIG M28 non updated
ModelAUZI

Post by ModelAUZI »

MarksmanTim wrote:I guess I should be thankful that I have a 200 yard private range on my parents property, with the ability to expand it up to 550 yards if I moved the back stop... but that won't be anytime soon as it took me quite a few hours to build the back stop I have now, which is capable of stopping everything short of maybe a 50 cal.

Very nice! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
- Ted Nugent
Three_Dogs

Post by Three_Dogs »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :popgun:
If corporations are people, when will we see one executed?
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

Nice :Drool1: One day I'll do one, I just use one on my parents land, dad and a friend keep it worn out, I have to rebuild it to use it. :roll:
Longcolt44 wrote:Give a kid a backhoe and a chainsaw........
I thought everyone had a loader and a chainsaw or three, they are necessities of country living :lol: When my loader breaks, that sends me into a panic worse than a car being broken down :shock:
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
Dragunov sniper 777

Post by Dragunov sniper 777 »

nice :thumbsup:
i am so poor i can only afford mustard and biscuits three times a week ..
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
jonnyboy091373

Post by jonnyboy091373 »

Looks great :) lucky for me, I live in the middle of nowhere, so shooting for me involves walking a mile into the woods on some old skidder trails and trying to find at a few feet of open woods.
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

Wow, :vcool: :vcool: I'm a little jealous, country living you just can't beat it. :thumbsup:
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

What's a backhoe? It sounds like a lady of the evening that specializes in .................ooops this is a family forum!!!!! It must be nice to live out in the sticks. I'm in a major metro area and my club range which has been in use since 1936 is coming under seige.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

martin08

Post by martin08 »

Home, home on the range!

Once I built mine, I have not shot anywhere else. No competition for bench time, at all.
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

One of the nice things about living in WV is almost every house out where I am has an impromptu range or shooting alley. I have about 30 yards or so to check mechanical workings of a rifle and shoot pistol. With this being the home of the WVU Mountaineers there are natural ranges just about everywhere you look. If I walk up the street a couple of hundred yards there is a skeet and sporting clays club and range. They sight their hunting rifles in there too and I have been invited to come up and shoot many times as they seem to like my older military weapons. This is a rifle and pistol society and many of the politicians are that way too. Of course there is Joe Manchin who was A+ rated by NRA and waffled to OB's side of the Proposed gun ban and I sure hope he remembers that when he doesn't get elected again. He needs to at least be quiet or understanding or vote against it to ever get my and others votes again. I for sure would never believe anything he ever has to say again. The sound of shots is normal here when the weather is nice. My one neighbors kid is a dead eye with a pistol but he has been shooting since he was very young. That is the way of life here and I love it. Bill :D
rustytruck

Post by rustytruck »

You guys are very lucky. I'm on the barrier island on the east coast of Florida and have to drive 45 minutes to shoot rifles at the public range. There's indoor for pistols about 30 minutes, $12, and waiting in line away.
breckenridge

Post by breckenridge »

One day I'll have land so I can do that. Very nice!

When I was a kid I remember walking through the woods near my parents house and seeing all kinds of impromptu ranges, shot up old signs and backstops, etc. These days it's all new housing developments.
1933 M91/30 Izhevsk laminate
1948 M44 Izhevsk
1955 M44 Romanian