In less than a month......

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
sbkittrell

In less than a month......

Post by sbkittrell »

I think I might need an intervention......

Left to Right:
M44 Izhevsk Mosin Nagant Carbine
Lee Enfield No. 4 Mk1 *
Yugslavian M48 A Mauser
91/30 Tula Mosin Nagant
Finn Model 39 MN Receiver
Czech VZ 24 Mauser
M38 Izhevsk Mosin Nagant Carbine
Some days it's not even worth gnawing through the restraints.
etprescottazusa91

Re: In less than a month......

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Nice group, the house must be paid for I'm guessing. Your model 38 looks just like mine, same brass on the handguard.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
martin08

Post by martin08 »

Give it a year. :D
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

That is one heck of a .....Start? :vcool: :vcool: Nice pile :biggrin:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Izhevsk762

Post by Izhevsk762 »

Thats quite the month!
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Not a bad start... You can do better though.

Intervention might be needed once you exceed 25 a month. So for now your just getting warmed up... It's all good.... Nothing to see here... Your just fine. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
sbkittrell

Post by sbkittrell »

I'm shocked. Nobody jumped in my s**t for putting an M1 sling on the VZ 24. Or maybe ya'll are just being polite to a beginner.
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

sbkittrell wrote:I'm shocked. Nobody jumped in my s**t for putting an M1 sling on the VZ 24. Or maybe ya'll are just being polite to a beginner.
Only when you put the bringback Gewehr bayonet on the VZ 24 that was too much for me to handle :!:
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
sbkittrell

Post by sbkittrell »

etprescottazusa91 wrote:
sbkittrell wrote:I'm shocked. Nobody jumped in my s**t for putting an M1 sling on the VZ 24. Or maybe ya'll are just being polite to a beginner.
Only when you put the bringback Gewehr bayonet on the VZ 24 that was too much for me to handle :!:
Yeah, and now I've gotta get a Gewehr 98. Ya'll are killing me here. You're going to bankrupt me!
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

What I am wondering is, after all of those fine purchases, is that loverly lady in the photo still in the picture?

My wife would have me so far back in the dog-house I would never shed all of the fleas.

Looks like a fine month, congratulations. :D
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
sbkittrell

Post by sbkittrell »

SA1911a1 wrote:What I am wondering is, after all of those fine purchases, is that loverly lady in the photo still in the picture?

My wife would have me so far back in the dog-house I would never shed all of the fleas.

Looks like a fine month, congratulations. :D
Well, she died in Dec. 2009. But she would have been cool with them. She was a career Marine and 5'3" of total bad ass. She was scared of nothing. She's gone, but I'll never stop loving her.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Please, you are fine, in one flea market Sunday back in the early 90's I walked out with 25 firearms ranging from a flint pistol to a US M1903. That was one days haul, not even a day, more like three hours in the morning, and that sort of thing was not uncommon for me back during the happy time when guns were cheap and all over the place. When I had the C&R I was buying them three and four or more at a time, I was like a kid in a candy store with dads credit cards, then the shit hit the fan, the economy collapsed, all my extra income went away, and now I have to save up to buy one a month, but I had one hell of a good time while I was at it :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Softscrubb

Post by Softscrubb »

I picked up my first Mosin M91/30, technically getting it monday, through Big 5. Where would the best place be to get an Enfield?
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

They are a bit more tricky to find, not loads of surplus anymore. So get a few hundred bucks ready for when you find one. You may find it cheaper but a nice Enfield could run 300 or more and be well worth it.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

By the way sb, I didn't see any mention about your longbow or recurve. I'd like to see more if them.
sbkittrell

Post by sbkittrell »

bunkysdad wrote:By the way sb, I didn't see any mention about your longbow or recurve. I'd like to see more if them.
The longbow is made of Vine Maple by Jim Boswell out in Washington state. He owns rudderbows. They are inexpensive, but very servicable long bows. (http://www.rudderbows.com) It's a good way to get into traditional archery without going bankrupt and Jim is a very honest, ethical, and nice guy. It's always nice to be able to call up and talk to the owner of the company if you have a question. The Vine Maple one was 85.00 several years ago. I also have a hickory that was 100.00 that is out on loan, and a Pearson Colt that is out on loan. (need to get them BACK!) The recurve is a Browning that I bought from my neighbor last year. It's 55 lb @28" and the vine maple rudderbow is 55@29". I don't practice enough with them, so I suck at shooting them. 15-20 yards would be my absolute max. That's not unreasonable around here because in Eastern NC you can bait deer with corn feeders. I never have though, but I might next year. I just need to PRACTICE and get competent with trad. bows. I have nightmares about gut shooting a deer with one of these.

I've got an old Bear compound, but I've always been a rifle hunter 99.9% of the time. I use my Marlin 30-30 in the swamps and woods and have a Browning SA 7mm mag, scoped, for beanfield hunting. I bought the Browning from an old friend for 400.00 years ago. That rifle has brought me home deer meat, but my buddy that I bought it from is a true deer slayer. No telling how many whitetails he's killed with it.
Last edited by sbkittrell on Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
bbekalb

Post by bbekalb »

my brother got his enfield for 90 bucks. too bad it was sportered :no:
Ban-One

Post by Ban-One »

"Well, she died in Dec. 2009"
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. She sounded like quite a lady.
Noble Sniper

Post by Noble Sniper »

Would that be a old Bear recurve I spy hanging on the wall? 8-)
•"Was there ever a people whose leaders were as truly their enemies as this one?"
- Ernest Hemingway, For Whom the Bell Tolls

"....from my cold dead hands:
President Charleton Heston

"Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !! "
Dr. Strangelove
sbkittrell

Post by sbkittrell »

Noble Sniper wrote:Would that be a old Bear recurve I spy hanging on the wall? 8-)
It's a Browning Cobra. 57# @ 28" I bought it from my neighbor last year. It's a nice little bow. Only 55" long when it's strung. I need to practice, practice, practice with it though.