CMP

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
dou44

CMP

Post by dou44 »

i had planed on going there today but got an email friday trlling me that they were out of rack ,field and service grade rifles.they will not be putting any out in the store till back orders are cought up.the email said that they had over 500 rifles on back order and any where from 30-90 before you got one.i just mailed off a check for the rifle and 600 rounds of ammo.so much for my birthday present this month.when and if it gets here i will take some pictures of it. i ask for a low sn springfield with original stock in service grade if they could send it. :vsad:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: CMP

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Be glad you can get one at all with all the shit going on right now. Happy birthday by the way :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Ban-One

Post by Ban-One »

Patience young padawan...Greatness takes time. Ok, sorry for the lame star wars reference. Anyways, I remember when I ordered my first M1 rifle from the CMP, it was just prior to the first Obama election and the CMP listed the wait as 90 days or more. :shock: It was pure torture waiting for that rifle to arrive and I actually forgot about it until I received an email notice of shipment from the CMP. Let me tell you...it was worth the wait. The M1 Garand is one rifle that I am truly happy to have in the gun safe. You are going to be pulling your hair out for the first month wondering if they have processed your paperwork yet...but after the first month...you wont notice the wait.

By the way, congratulations on your purchase! :thumbsup: You wont regret it! Did you order ammo on clips or loose?
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I waited for over 90 days for mine. :wink:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Celt

Post by Celt »

I'd pop corn but it'll get stale! Congrats anyway...it'll be in your paws before you know it!
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I got mine in 30 seconds, the guy walked in and asked to see the guy who is into guns, that's me I say, he asks if I want to buy a Garand he has.... $200 later I have my first Garand :) Still have it :) In fact, here it is right now :)
1943 sold DCM 1975
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
dou44

Post by dou44 »

nice rifle and cat,had to take mine to the vet today she has a bad tooth that is about to come out.she was sick and the vet shid the needed some meds to help her get alittle before she could pull it. having to force her to eat alittle and with the meds that is hard when she has a infection in the gum.it hurts me to have to make her take them.she is 12 and we got her as a kitten.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Tiger was dumped off outside the gate last spring, he is at least 3, and has a good disposition, also a good hunter. He will consent to come inside only at night when it's cold, otherwise he will howl at the door to go out. The cats scan every milsurp for ghouls :)
Theodore Roosevelt
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

When I ordered mine in January 2010 they had a lot of orders and listed on the website that expect delays up to ninety days. If I remember correctly I received mine in under 40 days. With all the ammo and rifle orders they have I'm sure they're backed up the way things currently are. I ordered a carbine bayonet from the CMP on December 22nd and it still shows as pending. The CMP is a great source for a Garand especially at what prices have been for the past few years.

Happy Birthday and congratulations on your order!
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The delays are caused by other factors than just orders pouring in. When you buy a milsurp from Aim, or J&G they stick it in a box and send it to you. The CMP inspects the rifle inside and out and sends you a full report. Throat and muzzle erosion, gas cylinder condition and so on are checked by competent gunsmiths familiar with the weapon. They are in essence giving the rifle the same treatment the armorers would have given the rifle that was issued your Grandfather in the 1950's.
Theodore Roosevelt
Ban-One

Post by Ban-One »

:pointup: ...and that is exactly why we love the CMP! Try getting that kind of service from a gun store.
dou44

Post by dou44 »

that is the reason i went with them,i knew i would get a good working rifle.anywhere else and it would have been a guess.
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

And they send them in a really nice case!
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

dou44

Post by dou44 »

i got the repo sling i ordered sat and it looks good ,now if i had a rifle to put it on.will have to find a ww2 helmet and bayo when i can to go with the rifle.
MnMosin

Post by MnMosin »

I mailed my order to the CMP for a service grade SA on 12/17/2012 (I was able to get an advance from the warden to replenish the gun fund.) The order hit my credit card on 1/16/2013. The order was recently update to "shipping in 7-14 days". The day I received confirmation on the M1 order (1/4) I placed an order for 200rds of HXP and a bayonet. That order just hit my credit card this morning. It was reported on the CMP forums that they received over 1500 orders (of all items) when they returned from their holiday break. I started getting nervous about being able to get more .30-06 so I ordered 400 more rounds and 50 en bloc clips on 1/18. The order numbers from my first order to my second are 3357 numbers apart. There is no doubt they are busy!
Mark in MN
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

dou44 wrote:i got the repo sling i ordered sat and it looks good ,now if i had a rifle to put it on.will have to find a ww2 helmet and bayo when i can to go with the rifle.
You will find them on ebay and gb, however be aware of fakes, a real M1905 16" bayonet will run as much as $400, the M1 10" maybe half that. Helmets used to be cheap, older M1 piss pots are not cheap anympore, most you see will be Vietnam or later production.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

MnMosin wrote:I mailed my order to the CMP for a service grade SA on 12/17/2012 (I was able to get an advance from the warden to replenish the gun fund.) The order hit my credit card on 1/16/2013. The order was recently update to "shipping in 7-14 days". The day I received confirmation on the M1 order (1/4) I placed an order for 200rds of HXP and a bayonet. That order just hit my credit card this morning. It was reported on the CMP forums that they received over 1500 orders (of all items) when they returned from their holiday break. I started getting nervous about being able to get more .30-06 so I ordered 400 more rounds and 50 en bloc clips on 1/18. The order numbers from my first order to my second are 3357 numbers apart. There is no doubt they are busy!
ReLoad, and you can always get an adjustable gas cylinder screw and use commercial ammo, it's not cheap, but tends to be around.
Theodore Roosevelt
dou44

Post by dou44 »

i bought a restored ww2 helmet from another reenactor so it should be here in acouple of days.i wanted the correct front seam helmet and it was not much more than some of the vn style helmets.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
MnMosin

Post by MnMosin »

[quote="MnMosin"]I mailed my order to the CMP for a service grade SA on 12/17/2012 (I was able to get an advance from the warden to replenish the gun fund.) The order hit my credit card on 1/16/2013. The order was recently update to "shipping in 7-14 days".....quote]

My SG SA arrived today, 39 days from the day I dropped off the order at the PO. I only had a few minutes to look at it before I had to get to work. It has a used walnut stock with the "eagle with three stars" cartouche and circle P. It has an HRA 3-52 barrel and an HRA bolt. Muzzle 2+, throat 3+. Can't wait to shoot it, hopefully next week. I'll create a new post with pics once I get them uploaded.
Mark in MN