8 Simple Rules

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
James811

Re: 8 Simple Rules

Post by James811 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
James811 wrote:
Jumperwire wrote:BUMP!!!!!
For the new guys/gals here 8-) and a couple of knuckle heads. :brolleyes: There's always one. :biggrin:
:kilgo:
What you done???? :shock:
Nothing... Yet :devil2:
"Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy if possible."
- Stonewall Jackson
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Hmmmmmm........
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
finloq

Post by finloq »

Now, is this a violation of Rule #2 or Rule #3?

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In4aDZf-_JI[/BBvideo]
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:lol:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
rlchemist

Post by rlchemist »

Ok, maybe I've broken a rule or two.... :oops: Thanks for the reminders. :thumbsup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
zhuk

Post by zhuk »

Think I've pretty much demolished the 'no politics' rule already and I've only been here a couple of days :roll:

mea culpa guys lol
rlchemist

Post by rlchemist »

Once in a while I'll tell my wife "I'm nearly perfect" And then duck ! :big shock:

I'm sorry too for having strayed from the rules and then got my britches tied up in a knot when this was brought to my attention. :oops:
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

Glad you posted this, Rule #8 reminded me that I haven't paid my dues for this month yet! :big shock:

So please ignore any advertising you saw prior to today.... :brolleyes:
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

zhuk wrote:Think I've pretty much demolished the 'no politics' rule already and I've only been here a couple of days :roll:

mea culpa guys lol
Hey no worries, we stray off into it a bit from time to time especially when it pertains directly to gun ownership. We just try not to get to deep because it's just to sensitive a subject and starts arguements with some people.
zhuk

Post by zhuk »

WeldonHunter wrote:
zhuk wrote:Think I've pretty much demolished the 'no politics' rule already and I've only been here a couple of days :roll:

mea culpa guys lol
Hey no worries, we stray off into it a bit from time to time especially when it pertains directly to gun ownership. We just try not to get to deep because it's just to sensitive a subject and starts arguements with some people.

Heh thanks Weldon :)

Guess I don't have to go on about it, past the initial explanations...and may serve a useful purpose of acting as a warning of some kind.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

US politics are where the problem lies. Calling the current pres. a rat or one of the former ones a scumbag tends to rile some folks up. We "Yanks" tend to be highly partisan.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
zhuk

Post by zhuk »

Lot of people are partisan here too...but at the end of the day, most people think they are all scumbags :shifty:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

mea culpa guys lol
:lol: it's mostly US politics we don't want to hear about, Australian politics fascinate us as we would otherwise never hear about it and we have no dog in that fight :lol: At least until anti gun ideas hit these shores, and it's good to know what's coming :shock:
Theodore Roosevelt
zhuk

Post by zhuk »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:

mea culpa guys lol
:lol: it's mostly US politics we don't want to hear about, Australian politics fascinate us as we would otherwise never hear about it and we have no dog in that fight :lol: At least until anti gun ideas hit these shores, and it's good to know what's coming :shock:

OK so its probably like a 'red flag service' I can help provide. If you have no problems with that, great!

Its a bit difficult for me to avoid the subject in any case, so just as well heh. When you have to wade through so much bureaucracy all the time it becomes a significant topic of conversation. You should see the aussie boards :lol:
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

zhuk wrote:You should see the aussie boards :lol:
Post us a link. I would like to see one.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt