1895 Winchester Russian Contract With Bayo... ALL Matching..

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
RazorBurn

Re: 1895 Winchester Russian Contract With Bayo... ALL Matchi

Post by RazorBurn »

Pureform wrote:I just sold this on gunbroker. Well I tried to contact The buyer and the number that is listed says this number doesn't work... and the email Delivery Status Notification (Failure)‏... doesnt exist either... auction just ended... what you guys suggest...
If the buyer doesn't pay you have to follow Gunbrokers "non-paying bidder" rules to a tee. Read those, relist the auction under the "non-paying bidder rules", and after I think it's seven days you'll be able to file "non-paying bidder" to get your final value fees back. Also, put the winning bidder on your bidder block list so he can't bid on it again. You'll get your final value fees credit back in a couple of weeks, and don't fret because someone else out there will pay what you want for that rifle setup. On Gunbroker there are no additional fees to relist an item once it's been listed, so it's much better in that respect than eBay.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
Pureform

Post by Pureform »

bunkysdad wrote:Did you ever get ahold of the buyer?
So far nothing... Called the number and its not working... Sent email from gunbroker and nothing... sent email separate from my email host and it comes back right away saying mail is undelivered and that means its a fake email... Shows his account was made in 2013 which is odd... So Im hoping he forgot to update his info and will contact me within the 7 days time frame... if not than time to move forward...
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Do you have the option of contacting the next bidder and offering it to him? I looked at your auction and it looks like they are both zero auction feedback. You might have got duped. I would contact gunbroker immediately
Pet_My_Mosin

Post by Pet_My_Mosin »

Pureform, you tried to contact me via another forum but my inbox was full. Room now. Here or there.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Fledge

Post by Fledge »

I feel for you. We recently tried to sell a classic car as part of an estate on ebay. The high bidder had zero feedback, which concerned me. Of course it was a bogus bid. We ended up going down the list of bidders, but it ended going to the third highest bidder for $2k less than the high bid.
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

bunkysdad wrote:Do you have the option of contacting the next bidder and offering it to him? I looked at your auction and it looks like they are both zero auction feedback. You might have got duped. I would contact gunbroker immediately
Gunbroker doesn't give you the option to sell to the next highest bidder. You have to relist and file a non-paying bidder to get the final value fees refunded.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Now I understand why a lot of sellers state no bids from zero feedback bidders. This is just wrong.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

It's just part of selling a big ticket item on the auction sites, GB like Ebay has a provision for a seller to recover fee's if the buyer fails to pay. What you don't recover is lost time and lost opportunity as the item is not at this moment being offered for sale. I have had zero feedback bidders win items from me and pay up, they joined eBay just to bid on what I was selling. I have also had a few that pulled a fade and left me hanging, shit happens, I recovered my fees and relisted the items, sold them to somebody else.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Feel free to list it in the boards for sale section, we charge no fees to non commercial members and Mosin guys will see it, can't hurt anyway and you might get lucky even with all the tightwads around here. Remember that any firearm sold on the board must first be sent to me for a safety inspection, this takes a short while ten,fifteen years and then it's sent on to the new owner :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
redeuce

Post by redeuce »

Thats the best advice yet. With a rifle of that value, why even screw around with gun broker? List it in the for sale section.
Pureform

Post by Pureform »

I've listed it one more time but this time with rules...you live and learn...
Last edited by Pureform on Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fledge

Post by Fledge »

:thumbsup:
Pureform

Post by Pureform »

Thanks for all your help guys... relisted it and sold to a real gunbroker bidder that contacted me within 1 hour of the auction and was happy to purchase this rifle... Kind of missing it already lol...