Hogs and 22lr

Mike

Re: Hogs and 22lr

Post by Mike »

mogunner wrote:My shooting buddy is working on getting us in on a hog hunt down in southern Missouri, my choice on that one will be my 7.62x39 Saiga with 30 round mags. Will be interesting. While the Missouri Dept. of Conservation doesn't condone "hog hunts" unless they're done in cooperation with their department, the hunting regs have a "shoot on sight" clause in them if you run across them while hunting other game, they are getting to be quite a pain in the rear across the southern half of the state. Given the heavily wooded nature of the area, I wouldn't be surprised at whatever you might run across as far as size, these critters have been here for many years.
I saw two road-kill hogs on I55 north of Cape Giradeau today, they're spreading my way. The son-in-law and I have talked about having a hog hunt.
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

The guy he's supposed to be talking to runs them down near Lake Wappapella
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

30-30 Winchester and a .44 magnum. For perspetive, the speaker is 4"X8".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I think I will pass on the sweetbreads thank you, and I have never eaten scrapple, it seems not to be sold in this region. Wasn't it the eating of brain and nerve tissue that spread mad cow disease in the UK ?
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Buckhead

Post by Buckhead »

:big shock: :big shock:

Hogs are a problem down in Florida. And now we are having to deal with Pythons and Iguanas.
Buckhead

Post by Buckhead »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I think I will pass on the sweetbreads thank you, and I have never eaten scrapple, it seems not to be sold in this region. Wasn't it the eating of brain and nerve tissue that spread mad cow disease in the UK ?

Dam Jim, I thought I got up early
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I was visiting friends last night and got in late, too much tea had me caffeine wired :lol:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt