1895 Winchester Russian Contract With Bayo... ALL Matching..

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Pureform

Re: 1895 Winchester Russian Contract With Bayo... ALL Matchi

Post by Pureform »

seems like someone met my reserve but they have no rating... Is there a way to contact the person and see if they are a serious bidder
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

It's early, he prolly will be long gone in the end. Don't ship unless monies are in hand. Even if you have to relist you will not have a problem selling that rarebird. I know this doesn't settle your nerves, but what you can you do. Public Auction and they should have contact info listed, not sure if you can see it until its closed. :?:
Pureform

Post by Pureform »

redspoon wrote:It's early, he prolly will be long gone in the end. Don't ship unless monies are in hand. Even if you have to relist you will not have a problem selling that rarebird. I know this doesn't settle your nerves, but what you can you do. Public Auction and they should have contact info listed, not sure if you can see it until its closed. :?:
Cant see contact info till end of auction... Plus no rating and joined july 2013 so its kinda weird... But again im not worried anymore... Whatever is meant to be will be...

Def a rare bird and i have a feeling it will go for alot more and more bids will be coming... Shows i have 78 people watching the auction... Hey worse will happen i dont get paid... Its still mine lol...
martin08

Post by martin08 »

Tough time of the year to get top dollar for an auction of a common rifle.

But this one should end up in a league of its own. Likely to the person who wins, money will be no object. Best of luck.
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
Pureform

Post by Pureform »

martin08 wrote:Tough time of the year to get top dollar for an auction of a common rifle.

But this one should end up in a league of its own. Likely to the person who wins, money will be no object. Best of luck.

Please explain when you say auction of a common rifle... But this one should end up in a league of its own... Thanks
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Just guessing, but I would say he means at Christmas, with most folks spending $ elsewhere, a common rifle might find few bidders. Your rifle, which is certainly not common, will draw out the deep pocketed individuals that don't have budgetary problems like most of us.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

:pointup:
+1
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

He means that it is a tough time to try and sell a common rifle but since yours is so rare it should be no problem. I hope you put a reserve price on it.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Pureform

Post by Pureform »

Longcolt44 wrote:He means that it is a tough time to try and sell a common rifle but since yours is so rare it should be no problem. I hope you put a reserve price on it.
I Did put a reserve for $4700 and it already hit $4700 in 24 hours...i put the auction for 7 days... Maybe i should've put the reserve higher lol
martin08

Post by martin08 »

I doubt that the reserve price will matter when the auction is completed. There will be PLENTY of other bids when all is said and done, and since the reserve is already met, all of those upcoming bids will allow the the gun to seek its own natural market value.

It could have started at $0.01 with no reserve, and still end with the same realized price. It's a rare item in exceptional condition. To the winner, money will be far less of an object than the specimen itself.

That said, I wish I wasn't flat broke at the moment! No fun for me, this time. :wink:
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
Pet_My_Mosin

Post by Pet_My_Mosin »

martin08 wrote:I doubt that the reserve price will matter when the auction is completed. There will be PLENTY of other bids when all is said and done, and since the reserve is already met, all of those upcoming bids will allow the the gun to seek its own natural market value.

It could have started at $0.01 with no reserve, and still end with the same realized price. It's a rare item in exceptional condition. To the winner, money will be far less of an object than the specimen itself.

That said, I wish I wasn't flat broke at the moment! No fun for me, this time. :wink:
Yeah exactly... Wish I hadn't gone on a massive spending splurge recently.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

martin08 wrote:But this one should end up in a league of its own. Likely to the person who wins, money will be no object. Best of luck.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I agree. If there is someone out there that has been waiting for one of these, they will have the funds setting aside for it (maybe even more). This is a different type of collector.

Time to have bought these is when they were under $700! :lol: ( a long time ago!).
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

My brother-in-law has a less unique one that his grandfather had in .405 cal. that he used to bust up "pharmaceutical' grade chemical operations up here in the mountains back in the 1930's when he worked for some Federal agency. Which now is one of those alphabet agencies aka ATF. Even in .405 black powder it kicks like a mule. :vcool:
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

Wish my pockets were deeper. I've wanted one of these for a while. :thumbsup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I find the 0 feedback joined five minutes ago auction buyers to run 90% legit and they pay. In most cases these are people who were told about the item by a friend who is a regular buyer, and they join just to buy your item.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Pureform

Post by Pureform »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I find the 0 feedback joined five minutes ago auction buyers to run 90% legit and they pay. In most cases these are people who were told about the item by a friend who is a regular buyer, and they join just to buy your item.

everybody has to start somewhere but this person made an account in 2013 that's what makes me scratch my Head...
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

This is just my opinion, but if I was selling a rifle that was already north of 5k I would shut this thread down and yesterday. You don't want to piss off any potential buyers that may quite possibly be just as active here as on any auction site.
Pureform

Post by Pureform »

I just sold this on gunbroker. Well I tried to contact The buyer and the number that is listed says this number doesn't work... and the email Delivery Status Notification (Failure)‏... doesnt exist either... auction just ended... what you guys suggest...
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Did you ever get ahold of the buyer?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I suggest you wait a bit to see if the high bidder contacts you, or if maybe one of the other bidders does. If not then stick the rifle back in the closet and wait another year for the value to go up even more. GB means that you can't use Paypal, if you try it anyway you better be sure the buyer sends you the payment as a gift to friends and family, not for goods and services. He sends it as goods then he can later claim you didn't ship and Paypal pulls the money, pulls it right out of your bank account if you were foolish enough to link the account to Paypal. Because it's a firearm, and that's forbidden on Paypal, you have no recourse with Paypal. If he sends a USPS MO, and that's the only type you should accept, then take it right to the Post office for authentication, deposit it if it's real, and wait for it to clear the account before shipping. For any transaction involving more than a grand I would insist on face to face and cash, with a counterfeit bill detecting pen handy. You start selling things in the multi thousand range then you attract the criminal's. If you do ship it then insure the crap out of it, adult signature required, and don't bullshit UPS about what the shipment is.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt