1941 Tula Mosin

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
racerguy00

Re: 1941 Tula Mosin

Post by racerguy00 »

Sold for an undisclosed amount. Lol. A great deal at the time but the deeper I get into collecting the more I regret it.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
41_Tula

Post by 41_Tula »

racerguy00 wrote:Sold for an undisclosed amount. Lol. A great deal at the time but the deeper I get into collecting the more I regret it.
Sorry to hear it.
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

PM sent
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

The germans made it to within miles of Tula true. But the invasion didn't even start until the end of June. If tula was still producing 91/30s there should be examples of them with Tula receivers and prewar features i would think. I have never seen one like that. All seem to have the second one in the date added after the other numbers also, indicating it was startd at Tula and finished later.
I have also seen one Finn capture 41 Tula and it was also on an Izhevsk receiver.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Sweet :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

wow as rare as the 41 tula is and two differnt guys who have owned them chatting about them
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

john_the_plinker

Post by john_the_plinker »

redspoon wrote:Looks kinda like a Izhevsk receiver, around 41 the Tula plant closed for a while (Germans too close) lots of rifle parts were sent over to Izhevsk hence the Izhevsk receiver. Of the 2 or 3 41 Tulas I've seen pics of all were on Izhevsk receivers. Very nice score :thumbsup: Congrats
Actually the Tula arsenal never closed. A lot of the production was relocated, yes, but production never stopped at Tula. In particular, Mosin production was moved, and was co-located at Izhevsk. That in particular made sense since Izhevsk provided Tula with barrel and receiver blanks.
In addition, Tula was not under any threat of capture until very late in the year. Even at that, the Soviets didn't stop producing until the Germans were literally coming in the door. A good example is the tank factory at Stalingrad. The last tanks made there were crewed by the people who made them, and drove them out the door straight into combat.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I am sorry to have to be the one to tell you but you are now doomed not to find another rare Mosin for 10 years. Too bad you had to start with one of the rarest ones.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
41_Tula

Post by 41_Tula »

Longcolt44 wrote:I am sorry to have to be the one to tell you but you are now doomed not to find another rare Mosin for 10 years. Too bad you had to start with one of the rarest ones.
:chuckles: that is great, very true, I think it jus means I have to buy one or two more for heavy use, save this one for special occasions!
gurn

Post by gurn »

Just think how close it came to Bubba finding it drill and taping it and slapping it in a black plastic stock. :thumbsup: Great score!
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

"Sold for an undisclosed amount, lol" = "not enough", lol
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

Nice find on a rare Tula. Like some others have said, you will have a hard time topping this one. It's like shooting a 14 pointer your first time deer hunting. :thumbsup:
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
LTC STRAC

Post by LTC STRAC »

Outstanding find. I've never seen a 1941 Tula except for in these photos. Made during the same year as the Germans invaded Russia and when they got the closest they ever got to Moscow and the nearby Tula factory. Stock is pre-war or early war, too. Impressive!
41_Tula

Post by 41_Tula »

fintowin wrote:Nice find on a rare Tula. Like some others have said, you will have a hard time topping this one. It's like shooting a 14 pointer your first time deer hunting. :thumbsup:

Thank you, I'll have to find another '41 I guess! I'd love to find another, that way I could hand one down to my son and the second to my daughter. We'll see!
41_Tula

Post by 41_Tula »

Hello all, tough times have fallen on my household and I am in looking to sell my '41 Tula, pictures are posted at the beginning of this thread. If anyone is interested, please feel free to PM me. Thank you.
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

Post it up in the For Sale/Trader section here on the forum, and people will be beating your door down in 3,2,1...... :D
musketjon

Post by musketjon »

I found a '42 Tula at my LGS today. Where does it fit on the rarity scale?
Jon
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

musketjon wrote:I found a '42 Tula at my LGS today. Where does it fit on the rarity scale?
Jon
Not rare but fairly low production.
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

musketjon it looks like your 42 is a 2 on the 7.62x54r.net rarity chart. Could be higher iffen it has a couple of the more desirable marks/stamps.

Some say this chart is a little dated, but it will give you a rough idea. http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinRarity.htm