8 Simple Rules

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

8 Simple Rules

Post by Jumperwire »

General Rules:for all forums
1. Please treat everyone with respect Pretty Simple
2. Please try to avoid the use of profanityIf you can't say it to your mom, then don't say it here.
3. Try to stay on-topic. I know, just try I'm a major rule violator here, but Dolk keeps us in line
4. No irresponsible posts advocating illegal or unsafe practicesLeave the Stupid Stuff for Stupid People
5. No commercial soliciting without first asking permissionYou want to run a business, go somewhere else.
6. Do not Post open auctions. Closed auctions are OKWhy? Cause it's Rule #6
7. No political discussion period. We are not equipped to handle political arguments here. Firearms legislation may be discussed only in the "off Topic" forum, but if it takes too much of a political turn, it will be removed. We're not here to discuss the worlds problems. If we are here, we probably have our own problems to deal with.
8. No advertising is allowed in the signature of a member on the forums. This is reserved for advertisers only.Nothing is free in life and advertising here isn't either

Also Read the Preservation Rules. They are pretty simple too. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :pointdown:

We do not advocate or encourage altering military surplus firearms.
"Reversible" changes that are made are considered OK as long as they are 100% reversible and no altering of the firearm has been made. Original parts should be kept to return the firearm to "original" later. Items such as scout mount that removes the rear sights and adds a mount for a scout scope are considered OK as long as the items causes no permanent damage or alterations.

Drilling and tapping, refinishing of metal parts, or refinishing stocks are not considered preservation and discussing how to do this is not acceptable discussion on these forums.

Do not ask how to alter a military surplus firearm here, or post altered military surplus firearms on the Preservation Forums.

If you are thinking of altering a military surplus rifle, we don't want to hear about it here.

If you have come in possession of a alter surplus rifle and you are considering
1) Trying to repair that damage, you may post it in the Restoration Forum or Sportster Forum .
2) If it is going to be left in that condition it may be shown in the sportsters forum . It will be up to the Administrators as to wither it is allowed to remain or not.

No posting of reproduction snipers or re-snipered ex-snipers. Discussions on reproductions sniper almost always start an argument and negative discussions. We have chosen to cut off discussion of these rifles.

Replacing damaged parts to return the firearm to working condition is acceptable and should be kept to a minimum.

Breaking rules will have consequences. If you break the rules, we as your hosts will make a reasonable effort to correct you. We are here to discuss what we enjoy, but we all must respect the rules of these forums.
avenger

Re: 8 Simple Rules

Post by avenger »

Sounds good..a refresher is always a good thing :thumbsup:
-John
"Hunting small animals is easy. You shoot at them with this and it lights them on fire and cooks them before you even get to them" -Me when showing picture of M44
Themosinkid95

Post by Themosinkid95 »

Sorry about earlier I overlooked/forgot about rule #6
"Just when they think you're retreatin',you attack!"- Jeb Stuart
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Some things are perishable skills and need refreshing. I thought this was a post about a TV show....uh oh rule 3. Good info.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

Thanks.......refreshers are good to have. Simple rules are even better. To date, 10 seems to be the correct number most should be able to remember, 8 should be a breeze.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Rule 6 is simple. Junk Yard Dog may be bidding on a auction, and he don't want any unfair competition. If you find a auction on a cool item, bid if you want but keep your yap shut till after the auction. Blabbing and running your face about a open auction is a good way to get Dog bit.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I contract it out these days Russell, My associates, Victor, Hugo, and Sanchez pay a visit to the malefactor and do any needed adjustments :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I'd like to take the job for your Southern operations. I got your back!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nobody in Texas has ever screwed me on a deal, and I seem to have done a lot of business with Texas buyers and sellers :vcool: I will let you know about the rest of the Confederacy :lol:
Theodore Roosevelt
Drago

Post by Drago »

Is this just a friendly reminder or has there been a brash of rule breaking of late? I've been absent from here for awhile, so just curious. I say the eff word around my mom, can I say it here? :)
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Just some posting of live auctions. Nothing major. You know all of us are ex truckers anyway. :lol: :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Drago

Post by Drago »

Oh, I love posting live auctions. Fun watching all the members grovel and fight against each other, especially over $10. :wink:
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

5. No commercial soliciting without first asking permissionYou want to run a business, go somewhere else.
8. No advertising is allowed in the signature of a member on the forums. This is reserved for advertisers only.Nothing is free in life and advertising here isn't either

#5, If you have a business and want to advertise here just contact ole' LC and show me your stuff. IT BETTER BE NOTHING THAT PERMANATELY MODIFIES A FIREARM.

#8, Where else can you find a better client base for such a liddle bit-o-money?
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Drago

Post by Drago »

It was obvious I was kidding, right? Like I said, been a few weeks since I've been in.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

SENSOR :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

desdem12 wrote:SENSOR :lol:
Don't you mean CENSOR :?:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

See i knew it JW...There you go sensoring the way i spell sensor. :lol:
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Hey, you start giving people rights and they think they can start thinking and stuff like that. :pointup:
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

NOT FREE THOUGHT?????????? Oh the horror of it all.........
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"