Well folks, tomorrow is Memorial day again.

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
SA1911a1

Well folks, tomorrow is Memorial day again.

Post by SA1911a1 »

My family lost members in the French and Indian wars before there was a nation. I don't think that we lost any in the Revolution although two that I know of served. Lost one in the Seminole wars, and another in the Civil War. (wrong side) Lost a cousin (distant) at the Alamo, and My Grandmother lost her only sibling at Croix Rouge Farm fighting with the Alabamians. I had some Uncles shot up in WWII, but they both eventually recovered. We have been lucky since then, I was a Vietnam era vet, though I never went there, my brother served in the Gulf War but came out of it fine.

It is my Granny's brother that I always think of first on the day. James Monroe Suggs left Anniston, Al., at age 22, for France and never came back. Rest in Peace, Uncle Monroe, you name is still spoken.

You can get a small glimpse of what Croix Rough must have been like, check out craters, their scars still visible, in the modern photo.

For the others that gave their lives for their nation, we are grateful.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Well folks, tomorrow is Memorial day again.

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I keep them in my thoughts every day, I am surrounded by the relics of the wars so it's not likely I will forget those who gave all anytime soon.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Re: Well folks, tomorrow is Memorial day again.

Post by Miller Tyme »

Rest in Peace Noble Warriors 🇺🇸

Great Uncle Harold R. Hamilton
Screenshot_20240526_190811_Chrome.jpg
Vintage poster of North Africa American Cemetery.png

Cousin Gary L. Taylor
20211111_071200.jpg
20211111_071256.jpg
20211111_071400.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin