(of the) World's Rarest Mausers

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: (of the) World's Rarest Mausers

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

A nice example, has just the right look to it.
The M1891's took a beating, problem was they were chambered for the same 7.65mm round as used in the later 1909, and the later round was hotter than the weaker action 1891 was designed to take. Headspace problems cropped up and they had to scrap receivers, or didn't and just sold the worn out rifle as surplus. They had a nice little production line going were they refurbished surplus rifles before selling them on the world market. This is were we get the ground crest's, and rifles with new looking wood and bluing. They even did it to the 1879 rolling blocks and I had a hell of a time finding an original condition one because of it.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

sweet :Drool1: :vcool: :vcool:
svt1941

Post by svt1941 »

OVS marked Chilean
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool:
shmlnaaa

Post by shmlnaaa »

shmlnaaa wrote:Yes, but I'm pretty sure the stock doesn't have it's factory original finish unless they normally came from the factory with big dings underneath the finish and stuff.
Looking at the rifle again and actually finding some good pictures of Japanese VZ.24's to compare it to, I'm now pretty sure this VZ.24 of mine most likely was Japanese and also that the stock finish is factory original (The dings appear to just be oxidized, they seem to penetrate through the finish or compress it).
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Be a hell of a nice find if it is.
Ma Deuce

Post by Ma Deuce »

I am not sure if this is a good pla ce,But I tried searching for Argentine Model 1891 Cavalry Carbine born on Dates or just dates and could find nothing I have a nice early examply I think.But I would like to confirm that by dating it,Can anyone here help? Thank You , Deuce
Ma Deuce

Post by Ma Deuce »

Any experts on the Argentine Model 1891 Cavalry Carbine out there? I have one I am trying to date with a C0038 I believe thats the Serial,If someone responds i will make sure.Im pretty sure thats correct. Deuce
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

Erfurt AX 41 all matching including the stock set with proper sling. It was missing the front sight hood and cleaning rod so I added those. I traded a Cold Commander 1911 for it.

Mauser Orbendorf svw45 Kriegsmodel that is a total mismatch, but has it's proper stock and sling. Found this in a pawn shop in May of 2020 marked as a Yugoslavian Mauser for $350. No, I did not even try to negotiate.
20200523_202249.jpg
20200522_194237.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...