Steve you okay...?

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
ffuries

Steve you okay...?

Post by ffuries »

Saw this meme and realized I've haven't heard from Steve aka SA1911a1 for a while. We have been under heat advisories for close to 2 weeks around here....So I hope he's okay and this wasn't him

:devil2: :devil2: :devil2:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Steve you okay...?

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

He's a whole lot closer to were you live than I am. That means the rage will still be fresh when he reaches you. :lol:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:58 am He's a whole lot closer to were you live than I am. That means the rage will still be fresh when he reaches you. :lol:
But, but Jim made me post it. He twisted my arm and threatened me with sending more NYers down here!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

It was me, and that is a perfect description. But, today I am feeling better much to the chagrin and distress of the coroner. Of course that doesn't mean that you aren't a dirty lowdown skunk for giving up my secrets. .!.

I have been busy making holsters for orphaned guns. I am making my own patterns on the fly, but there are only so many ways to fashion a pouch for a handgun. I have learned that it is tough to wet mold thick, full-grain leather, (top, right and bottom) but the thinner stuff is fairly easy. I haven't put retention straps on any of them, but they are snug enough without it. I have a heck of a lot of skills to master, but this is fun stuff.

I got some new leather in the mail today, but my fingers are so sore that they are going to have to heal up from thread cuts and puncture wounds before I progress. ;)
'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

ffuries wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:51 am
Junk Yard Dog wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:58 am He's a whole lot closer to were you live than I am. That means the rage will still be fresh when he reaches you. :lol:
But, but Jim made me post it. He twisted my arm and threatened me with sending more NYers down here!
Yea, blame it on the Boss. Remember Mike, vengeance is a dish served best cold. ;)
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

SA1911a1 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:09 am
Yea, blame it on the Boss. Remember Mike, vengeance is a dish served best cold. ;)
Tell the truth here Steve....You made me blame Jim.....You said if I didn't, you'd divert ALL the Florida bound NYers to my area.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

SA1911a1 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:06 am It was me, and that is a perfect description. But, today I am feeling better much to the chagrin and distress of the coroner. Of course that doesn't mean that you aren't a dirty lowdown skunk for giving up my secrets. .!.

I have been busy making holsters for orphaned guns. I am making my own patterns on the fly, but there are only so many ways to fashion a pouch for a handgun. I have learned that it is tough to wet mold thick, full-grain leather, (top, right and bottom) but the thinner stuff is fairly easy. I haven't put retention straps on any of them, but they are snug enough without it. I have a heck of a lot of skills to master, but this is fun stuff.

I got some new leather in the mail today, but my fingers are so sore that they are going to have to heal up from thread cuts and puncture wounds before I progress. ;)
'
Get yourself one these if you don't have it yet, a needle and awl and a sail makers glove or a glove with a reinforced palm. We used them when tacking parachute harnesses, worked great when trying to push a needle through almost an inch of webbing.

https://www.sailrite.com/Palm-Adjustabl ... RcQAvD_BwE
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Oh, if I could figure out a way to pack a whole Citys worth of them into a box and send them down to you I would. :twisted: I don't care how many of them city idiots migrate to Florida so long as they stay there, it's not like I plan on going down to visit them.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:05 pm
Oh, if I could figure out a way to pack a whole Citys worth of them into a box and send them down to you I would. :twisted: I don't care how many of them city idiots migrate to Florida so long as they stay there, it's not like I plan on going down to visit them.
We've got enough here already, plus we still have to contend with Florida Man and his mate Florida Woman. There is just too damn many crazies around here as it is.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Man

https://amp.ebaumsworld.com/articles/50 ... /86995659/
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

ffuries wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:28 pm
We've got enough here already, plus we still have to contend with Florida Man and his mate Florida Woman. There is just too damn many crazies around here as it is.

That's OK, I don't live there :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Send them on a free cruise, then sink the ship, I see nothing, and the sharks will love you . How much meth does it take to make Florida man, or woman? Or is it the whole marrying within the immediate family thing?
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:04 am
ffuries wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:28 pm

That's OK, I don't live there :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Send them on a free cruise, then sink the ship, I see nothing, and the sharks will love you . How much meth does it take to make Florida man, or woman? Or is it the whole marrying within the immediate family thing?
Combination of all the above, and other factors. Some are so damn crazy they scare the hell out of you, but leave you wondering how the hell they even have the ability to breath let alone breed!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

They exist in every states dark corners. The advantage other states have is most of them have figured out a way to funnel such people to Florida. Maybe they figured you didn't have enough going on to keep you amused. What did you think we did with all the empty busses after the cargos of illegals get sent up? Keeps costs down in our mental facilities, and prisons. :devil2:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

They exist in every states dark corners. The advantage other states have is most of them have figured out a way to funnel such people to Florida. Maybe they figured you didn't have enough going on to keep you amused. What did you think we did with all the empty busses after the cargos of illegals get sent up? Keeps costs down in our mental facilities, and prisons. :devil2:
Theodore Roosevelt