Found a Carcano Bayonet

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
ffuries

Found a Carcano Bayonet

Post by ffuries »

Found a bayonet for my 1896 M91 Carcano, bonus is both the rifle and bayonet were made by Terni.

https://russian-mosin-nagant-forum.com/ ... =6&t=36103

I kept finding bayonets without scabbards, or with nicked or bent blades, or bent cross guards for $100.00 and complete ones for $150.00 and higher. Stumbled on this one for $100.00, and said it was mine.

Just need to find an appropriate sling and get an Enbloc for it and it'll be 100% complete.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Found a Carcano Bayonet

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I remember when things like Carcano, or Arisaka bayonets were what I would find when looking for US bayonets. People bringing out grandpas " army" bayonet not realizing it was just his war trophy. These sold for ten, maybe twenty bucks back then and seemed to be everywhere as were the rifles themselves. At one time I had a box full of these, I kept the best for my rifles and sold the rest for quite a tidy profit laughing all the while thinking that at long last grandpas " army" bayonet finally gets some respect. I used to find Nazi era K98k Mauser bayonets on the cheap also, but they quickly gained value after the turn of the century. I remember one time at a local flea market I found four British pattern 1907 bayonets at $25 each, but got them for $80 because I took them all. Another remembrance of the happy time when the things we like were everywhere and cheap.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

I was.....

A) Born in the wrong period.
B) Got into collecting milsurps and militaria too late.
C) Something I can't remember.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Tula44

Post by Tula44 »

Cool find!