91/30 Markings

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Mr Lou

91/30 Markings

Post by Mr Lou »

Need information on markings on a Finnish capture 91/30 its dated 1940 has the pot belly stock and the receiver has SA mark. Picked it up today and
I'm trying to learn what I have. New to this forum and would appreciate any help. Thank You
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: 91/30 Markings

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Welcome to the board, pictures of the specific markings you are interested in learning about would help. :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Disturbing trend of folks buying something and then trying to determine what they bought... But, as JYD says, need pictures...

:worthless:
Mr Lou

Post by Mr Lou »

In the past I would go to7.62X54R and I would do it again but I can't find the site I know what I have I'm just trying to find tune my knowledge. Sorry about no photos next time I will add photos. Sorry you feel it's worthless with out
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

You can still add photos :wink: No use in getting upset. If I had specific questions about my 1955 Chevy and told you it was a two door but modified, wouldn't it help if you had pictures?

Same here. All we can tell you about your rifle is that it has a SA stamp on it and it has a pot belly stock.

But, if you are more interested in what 7.62x54r.net has to say then enjoy
https://www.igun.cz/MosinID/MosinM.htm

You can probably learn more about your particular gun here
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Right here on the Russian Mosin Nagant Forum we have two areas with a ton of information.

app.php/page/1

https://russian-mosin-nagant.com/
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Mr Lou

Post by Mr Lou »

ffuries, Thank you, being new to this forum you gave me a good starting point
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Mr Lou wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:45 am ffuries, Thank you, being new to this forum you gave me a good starting point
As pointed out to me, there are no Finn M91/30s listed.....But markings should be (Making an assumption here, which can be dangerous) somewhat standard for Finn'ed rifles. That said if you post what markings you are trying to identify, we could help out a lot.

Oh, and welcome to the forum and the madness, and a heads-up Mosin Nagants are an addiction, which is soon followed by milsurps in general. Be prepared to be poor!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Mr Lou wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:41 am In the past I would go to7.62X54R and I would do it again but I can't find the site I know what I have I'm just trying to find tune my knowledge. Sorry about no photos next time I will add photos. Sorry you feel it's worthless with out
I downloaded that entire site and have it on my harddrive. But, I can't get ahold of Ted to get permission to host it here. He don't answer.

Darryl
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

qz2026 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:05 am You can still add photos :wink: No use in getting upset. If I had specific questions about my 1955 Chevy and told you it was a two door but modified, wouldn't it help if you had pictures?

Same here. All we can tell you about your rifle is that it has a SA stamp on it and it has a pot belly stock.

But, if you are more interested in what 7.62x54r.net has to say then enjoy
https://www.igun.cz/MosinID/MosinM.htm

You can probably learn more about your particular gun here
You do know that is a copyright violation? They could shut the entire website down.

Darryl
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

And what copyright violation did I commit? Is posting a link to a web site a copywrite violation? Did I copy any content from this site and display it here? Is it a copywrite violation for someone to go to a site and browse it? Really?
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

qz2026 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:16 am And what copyright violation did I commit? Is posting a link to a web site a copywrite violation? Did I copy any content from this site and display it here? Is it a copywrite violation for someone to go to a site and browse it? Really?
Last line on the rules of this forum:
"All Laws will be respected and adhered to at all times on these forums."
Buy the strictest sense of the rules, You did.
Posting copyrighted and links to infringed copyright material would fit that rule.

I'm not talking about you here......But, I hate people who steal others works for their own gain. The person who posted that did just that (without permission).

Darryl
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Darryl wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:03 pm
qz2026 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:16 am And what copyright violation did I commit? Is posting a link to a web site a copywrite violation? Did I copy any content from this site and display it here? Is it a copywrite violation for someone to go to a site and browse it? Really?
Last line on the rules of this forum:
"All Laws will be respected and adhered to at all times on these forums."
Buy the strictest sense of the rules, You did.
Posting copyrighted and links to infringed copyright material would fit that rule.

I'm not talking about you here......But, I hate people who steal others works for their own gain. The person who posted that did just that (without permission).

Darryl
No, you were talking about me. Regardless, I broke no laws nor did I break any rules. What does strictest sense of the rules mean? Your subjective opinion? Based on what? Is sharing a link to a web page illegal? You say the patent was infringed. How so? Is there a hearing or a judgement that an infringement occurred?
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Listen, I am not going to banter the copyright law with you.
Not here. If you want to, you can PM me.

That is Ted's website. He has it copyrighted and had published it on the internet.
THAT makes it copyrighted.
They did not get permission to use the site.
That is a copyright violation.

I never said you violated copyright.
I said"
"You do know that is a copyright violation? They could shut the entire website down."
Those are my words. I do not know who owns that website.
You added yourself into that. Not me.

The owners of that website violated copyright.
I hate people sealing other peoples hard work for their own gain.

Darryl