Russian 91/30 PU authentication

All Military Snipers are discussed here!

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Russian Red

Russian 91/30 PU authentication

Post by Russian Red »

Greetings everyone, I joined here because I recently was given a Mosin Nagant from my recently deceased uncle. I am curious to learn more about this rifle before I decide to fire it? This rifle comes in a box from "Molot-Orushie" it appears? It has stamps on the receiver: 1943r, serial numbers all mathching: BT1073, the scope number (also stamped on barrel) 4337405, with a MOR0001283 stamped on receiver, also has "KO-91-30 made in Russia, etc.... This rifle comes in a box with cosmoline wrappers and paperwork booklet (all signed, stamped and looks authenticated), scope, and cleaning kit as well. Can anyone please tell me what the origin of this rifle is and what the value might be?
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Re: Russian 91/30 PU authentication

Post by Darryl »

Molot ...probably.

But no one is going to say what it is with out any photos.

Not possible.

Darryl
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Need pictures. And if you translate the title of the booklet, it will probably say Hunting Rifle... Molot/refurbishment rebuild I suspect. But need lots of pictures to determine the quality. Likely this isn't an original but a rebuild.
Russian Red

Post by Russian Red »

Thanks guys, now lets see if I can attach a few photos here....?
Russian Red

Post by Russian Red »

I have a problem here, my camera pictures are to large to post....?
Russian Red

Post by Russian Red »

If one of you guys dont mind, I would be happy to send pictures to you via email?
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

If you are on a PC, you can edit the photos with Paint. Open the file in Paint. From the File sub menu select "resize". Select a % to change or enter a pixel size. Write in what you wish. I mostly use pixels like 640, 1080 or what ever. Paint will change the size. You can then save the image under a different name so as to keep the original in the original size. These will upload to RMNF.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Russian Red wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:40 pm If one of you guys dont mind, I would be happy to send pictures to you via email?
You can send them to me.

Or set your phone to take "smaller" photos.

Darryl
Russian Red

Post by Russian Red »

Thank you much for your support guys.:) I dont use a smart phone. I take pictures with a digital Nikon camera and transfer them to computer. I'll give another try?
Russian Red

Post by Russian Red »

Posted for Russian Red by Darryl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Molot/Refurb for sure. What's cool about this one is that the scope s/n matches the s/n on the left side of the barrel shank. What's the chances of that? Original scope or did Molot/Refurb stamp the s/n on the shank? To determine originality one think I look at is if Izhevsk is there a scope s/n on the left side of the barrel shank. If so, you can at least be assured that at one time the rifle was a sniper. But for it to match the s/n on the scope, I don't see very often at all. It also looks like a 1959 Refurb date, at least for the scope. Both were done at the 2nd GRAU in Kiev, Ukraine. Perhaps the scope s/n was matched there. Pretty standard Electro Pencil s/n on the scope mount that matches the rifles actual s/n.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Molot often times re-stamed them to match (force matched).
That is not new. One of the reasons I didn't trust Molot.

Darryl
Russian Red

Post by Russian Red »

Thanks guys!:) Sorry for the delay because I was looking for an emial from Darryl....? Anyhow, it appears my uncle had a nice find would you say? And if you dont mind I am curious how much this rifle might sale for (although I have no intentions of selling it.....)?
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Russian Red wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:21 pm Thank you much for your support guys.:) I dont use a smart phone. I take pictures with a digital Nikon camera and transfer them to computer. I'll give another try?
If you have pics in a computer file, all you have to do is click attachments at the bottom of your post, then "add files" and drag the photo into the post. I don't use a smart phone to post. They have to be less than 3MiB
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Russian Red

Post by Russian Red »

Hello everyone, I just won an auction for a Finnish M39. I am curious what the 2 numbers designate on top of the barrel right behind the front site post?
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

hello....pictures are very necessary...the one thing that is on a Russian rifle is a mark or symbol.....