Interesting 1896 Tula M91 Pickup... AZF, Finn, and 41 Marked

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
HexEx

Interesting 1896 Tula M91 Pickup... AZF, Finn, and 41 Marked

Post by HexEx »

It's been a while since I've posted here, but I thought you all would like to see what I picked up today. It's an 1896 Tula M91 that appears to be a true battlefield pickup. No import marks and heavy pitting on all the metal parts. This thing obviously sat out in the elements for a while. It also has an Austrian "AZF" marking on the barrel and receiver as well as the Finnish "41", "SA" and "D" markings. Another really interesting feature I noticed is the remnants of the wooden crossbolt where the steel crossbolt was retrofitted. Up until now I had only ever seen pictures of this feature. It also has the early barrel bands as well. If this rifle could talk, I'm sure it would have some pretty crazy stories!

Hex
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Interesting 1896 Tula M91 Pickup... AZF, Finn, and 41 Marked

Post by millman »

Nice.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
HexEx

Post by HexEx »

Thanks Millman! The 41 stamp is what really drew me to this rifle. I've never seen it on such an old M91. Shows that they were using whatever they could get their hands on.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

:thumbsup: That ones been to hell and back
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

That is a nice rifle!

Darryl
collector 30 or 60

Post by collector 30 or 60 »

Wow, that looks awesome! Very nice rifle.
Tula44

Post by Tula44 »

Awesome!