DIY Annealer

Reloading and any ammunition discussions are here.
ko4nrbs

DIY Annealer

Post by ko4nrbs »

If any of you are on the fence about building a case annealer I say go for it. I procrastinated for a long time before I built mine. It is a very simple project and ensures you do a proper job of annealing your brass. The complexity of the annealer is entirely up to the builder. Some have elaborate feed systems, etc. Mine is very simple because I only process small quantities of brass. I used to use the drill/socket method but grew tired of having to count down the seconds and if you are doing a lot of brass, it is labor intensive.

You tube has many videos and self-help guides on how to build them plus there are some pretty nifty commercial ones out there. The most difficult part has been done for you. A detailed list of parts is available in the video.

Parts can be sourced online, i.e., Ebay, Amazon, etc.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=di ... ORM=VDMCNR
You need a DC Motor(25rpms)
DC Motor Controller
Adapter to connect pan to the DC Motor.
Pan (I used 6-inch x 1 1/2-inch-deep aluminum) Some use a stainless-steel pan. The gap in the pan for the cartridge feed is 1 1/4 inch.
12vdc Power supply (I use a cheap Wall Wart)

Mine works well with 30-06, 7X57, 7.62X54R and 30-30. You will have to cut the rim off the pan. I used a Dremel, and it worked fine. The center hole in the pan must be just that centered.

Use 2"X2" angle for the feed ramp.

The mounting plate, plywood, etc. is up to you.

Bill