Time to plug in the block heater.

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
Sonny

Time to plug in the block heater.

Post by Sonny »

We don't normally plug the trucks in until it gets colder than minus 30F but the last couple of nights it was cold enough to get the cords out of the shed and plug them in. Not only is it easier on the engine but the cab warms up quicker too. :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
qz2026

Re: Time to plug in the block heater.

Post by qz2026 »

Holy deepfreeze batman :shock:
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

I think it’s definitely time!
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I would just get in the truck and drive south, not stop until I hit the border, the Mexican one.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Yesterday, I washed and detailed my car, wearing shorts and a tee shirt...We have been running the AC every day. It has been a crazy Fall and early Winter. I keep thinking that, any day, the Polar Express is going to pull into the station, but, nope, no frost yet.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

SA1911a1 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:55 pm Yesterday, I washed and detailed my car, wearing shorts and a tee shirt...We have been running the AC every day. It has been a crazy Fall and early Winter. I keep thinking that, any day, the Polar Express is going to pull into the station, but, nope, no frost yet.
The Polar express is pulling into town right now, 11 minutes late. One more trip tonite, I think it ends New Years, then town won't be lit up like a Pink Floyd show at nite. Until next fall. Families and groups dressed in matching pajama's all over town.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

steelbuttplate wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:14 pm
SA1911a1 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:55 pm Yesterday, I washed and detailed my car, wearing shorts and a tee shirt...We have been running the AC every day. It has been a crazy Fall and early Winter. I keep thinking that, any day, the Polar Express is going to pull into the station, but, nope, no frost yet.
The Polar express is pulling into town right now, 11 minutes late. One more trip tonite, I think it ends New Years, then town won't be lit up like a Pink Floyd show at nite. Until next fall. Families and groups dressed in matching pajama's all over town.
We are expecting two days with lows that start with a "3" Sunday and Monday, then another warm up.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Sonny wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:28 am We don't normally plug the trucks in until it gets colder than minus 30F but the last couple of nights it was cold enough to get the cords out of the shed and plug them in. Not only is it easier on the engine but the cab warms up quicker too. :thumbsup:
I wouldn't be going away from the fire with temps like that. The coldest temp that I ever experienced was when I was in my early 20s, I worked in the distribution center for an ice cream company. They put me in the "Cold room" where the bulk of the stuff was stored at -10. The issued protective clothing was worn out, full of holes and I doubted that they had ever been washed. I worked there for about a week until I got damn tired of snotsiciles and found me a job in the sun doing plumbing installations. The only other time that I have been really cold was in Norfork, Va. in Feb.

I guess you have to grow up in Sonny's kind of weather to be able to tolerate it.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Woohoo we're having a heatwave this week. :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Why, Sonny, it looks like Spring has sprung! We are finally having a cold snap, I had to wear a long sleeve shirt today. Over the next few days we are looking at lows in mid to upper 30s, gradually climbing. Still, no frost.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

SA1911a1 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:22 pm Why, Sonny, it looks like Spring has sprung! We are finally having a cold snap, I had to wear a long sleeve shirt today. Over the next few days we are looking at lows in mid to upper 30s, gradually climbing. Still, no frost.
We're not out of the woods yet but we do get Chinook winds which brings in warm air and it's a nice relief from the cold. This one seems to last all week which is longer than most Chinooks. Sometimes they only last one day and then BAM back to the cold weather.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinook_wind