Can someone help?! Like to know value of M-38

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Jeremynva

Can someone help?! Like to know value of M-38

Post by Jeremynva »

Ok folks, I recently acquired a rifle for a flooring job I did for a friend. No one knew what it was, including me, so after 2 weeks searching on the internet I finally found it. The star with the arrow finally was the one that gave it away. It has very many different markings and everyone mentions the markings but not on the same rifle. It's a 1940 stamped, tula starred, with the SA mark on its left side. Underneath it is stamped 341 not 314, I know that was the identification number of the facility. Could this be a mistake by the factory? It has every mark stamped that I have heard of, including the "ch" the blackpowder, the "f", etc.. many many different markings. The serial number is stamped "AT2076" and it matches on every part of this gun. The serial number is deeply stamped and the stock is orginal. There is no bayonet groove. I have pictures if anyone wants to see. Please ,I dint trust to take it to someone that knows nothing about these weapons to appraise it. What is it worth? Thank you for reading.
qz2026

Re: Can someone help?! Like to know value of M-38

Post by qz2026 »

By the sounds of it, this is a Finn captured M-38 in original configuration. These are highly sought out. Depending on condition and authenticity, it's probably worth $1K-$2K, Need to see pictures of the entire rifle, stock and numbers. Because...

:worthless:
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

Hello,
Like Sgt. Schultz on Hogans Heroes said.... "I see nothing, I know nothing"
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

If it's indeed a 1940 Tula M38 it is very very uncommon. Like less than 5 known. What's the barrel length? Most likely it is a longer 91/30.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Jeremynva wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:31 pm Ok folks, I recently acquired a rifle for a flooring job I did for a friend. No one knew what it was, including me, so after 2 weeks searching on the internet I finally found it. The star with the arrow finally was the one that gave it away. It has very many different markings and everyone mentions the markings but not on the same rifle. It's a 1940 stamped, tula starred, with the SA mark on its left side. Underneath it is stamped 341 not 314, I know that was the identification number of the facility. Could this be a mistake by the factory? It has every mark stamped that I have heard of, including the "ch" the blackpowder, the "f", etc.. many many different markings. The serial number is stamped "AT2076" and it matches on every part of this gun. The serial number is deeply stamped and the stock is orginal. There is no bayonet groove. I have pictures if anyone wants to see. Please ,I dint trust to take it to someone that knows nothing about these weapons to appraise it. What is it worth? Thank you for reading.
Like QZ said. :worthless:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
jindodog

Post by jindodog »

The OP mentions a ch marking. Possibly a PEM? Without pics its all idle (but entertaining) speculation.