Sonny

Cow moose draw

Post by Sonny »

Woohoo .... got my cow moose draw. Season runs from Sept. 24 to Nov. 30

Wish me luck. :thumbsup:
steelbuttplate

Re: Cow moose draw

Post by steelbuttplate »

Sonny wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:27 am Woohoo .... got my cow moose draw. Season runs from Sept. 24 to Nov. 30

Good luck. Sounds like mooseburger chili and cornbread at your house this winter. :thumbsup:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Sonny wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:27 am Woohoo .... got my cow moose draw. Season runs from Sept. 24 to Nov. 30

We're so confident in you, that we want to know when and where the BBQ will be and when to expect our invites!

:Drool1:
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Don't miss, I hear Moose can take that sort of thing very badly, and then go after your ass.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

If you see a moose with horns, and it's got 3 tips on one side a 4 on the other, is it a 4x3 or a 7 pointer ? :shifty:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

steelbuttplate wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:48 pm

If you see a moose with horns, and it's got 3 tips on one side a 4 on the other, is it a 4x3 or a 7 pointer ? :shifty:
haha ... You guys would say 7 but western count would be 4, yup we only count one side. Just like a 5x5 mulie would be a 10 pointer for you but only 5 for us out here.
Anyway the zone I was drawn for is about an hour north of town and there are very few logging roads. That's good for the moose but bad for us old road hunters. Yeah my lungs are hooped and I can't walk to far anymore but we shall try. :wink:
So we went for a little drive there just to have a look see and didn't see any moose, still to hot and I'm sure they were bedded down in the dark timber where it is cooler. We did find a pile of grizz poop but there wasn't any human remains in it...... yet. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Sonny wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:44 pm

haha ... You guys would say 7 but western count would be 4, yup we only count one side. Just like a 5x5 mulie would be a 10 pointer for you but only 5 for us out here.
Anyway the zone I was drawn for is about an hour north of town and there are very few logging roads. That's good for the moose but bad for us old road hunters. Yeah my lungs are hooped and I can't walk to far anymore but we shall try. :wink:
So we went for a little drive there just to have a look see and didn't see any moose, still to hot and I'm sure they were bedded down in the dark timber where it is cooler. We did find a pile of grizz poop but there wasn't any human remains in it...... yet. :lol:
Yeah, don't set yourself up to be bear-bait! :big shock:
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
entropy

Post by entropy »

steelbuttplate wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:20 am

Good luck. Sounds like mooseburger chili and cornbread at your house this winter. :thumbsup:
No, no, no.

Donuts (Timmy's!) and Moosemeat, eh?

https://youtu.be/BjLQ6uCw2g8

I could live on that diet. :wink:

Sorry aboot the bomb thing at the end of the song, eh?
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

CINC Household came home with this sign....... :big shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Went scouting a bit today and seen a nice bull and where there are bulls there are cows. :thumbsup:

Anyway he was about 600 yards out and there is no way in hell I would shoot that far at a moose.Hell moose are kinda dumb and it's easy peasy to sneak up on them to within 100 yards or so depending on terrain.

Only camera I had was my iphone so it is what it is.
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Only three weeks to go. :thumbsup:
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

If Moose are so dumb, why are the ones pictured here looking right at you? :brows: :brows: :brows:
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Longcolt44 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:26 pm If Moose are so dumb, why are the ones pictured here looking right at you? :brows: :brows: :brows:
They get smart real quick on opening day of moose season. :lol:
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

ffuries wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:00 pm

CINC Household came home with this sign....... :big shock:
:chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles:
wolcosaf

Post by wolcosaf »

Haha the main thing is that you didn't step in it :lol: :lol:
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

wolcosaf wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:53 am

Haha the main thing is that you didn't step in it :lol: :lol:
I ain't afraid of no bears.. :shock:

copy/paste

Please be advised an area around Pinto Creek Canyon Natural Area, approximately an hour north of Hinton, has been closed due to a bear encounter.
On September 16, an individual conducting survey work in the area encountered a grizzly bear feeding on a mountain goat. The grizzly bear charged and made contact with the victim, resulting in non-life threatening injuries. The victim used a small knife and bear spray for defence, which made the bear back off allowing the victim to move away and call for help. The actions of the bear is consistent with a defensive attack.
Officers have closed the area to give the bear room to continue feeding on the carcass and move away from the area. The closure is clearly marked with signage and closure tape. Please do not enter the closure for your own safety. Under the Wildlife Act, it is unlawful to enter an area closed by a wildlife officer.
If you encounter a bear in the wild, follow these tips to avoid a conflict:
• Do not run. Stay calm. Stay with your group and keep children close. Assess the situation.
• Look around. If you see cubs or an animal carcass, the bear will want to protect them. If you see either, back away from them.
• Prepare to use your bear spray.
• Back out. Leave the area the way that you came. Keep your eye on the bear without staring at it aggressively.
• Watch for a place to hide. As you back away, seek out a place of safety, such as a car or building.
• Speak to the bear in a soft, low voice. Let the bear know that you are human and not a prey animal.
• Use your noisemaker and prepare to defend yourself with bear spray.
For additional tips on how to prevent an encounter in bear country, visit: https://www.alberta.ca/bears-and-outdoo ... ation.aspx.