Glock 17 Range Day

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Tula44

Glock 17 Range Day

Post by Tula44 »

Finally got around to taking my G17 to the range today. Only placed around 150 rounds through it - I really wish the price of 9mm would go down. Anyways, this handgun is pretty awesome. No malfunctions, no issues. :thumbsup: My Glock 35 is still my favorite though!

Any other Glock fans here? :D
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Glock 17 Range Day

Post by Rongo »

I have an older Gen 2 Glock 17. Police trade in from the Clinton ban era. I've sent a lot of rounds through it & it's been very good to me. :biggrin:

I do like the new G19X... Very tempted.
G19X.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Tula44

Post by Tula44 »

Rongo wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:46 am I have an older Gen 2 Glock 17. Police trade in from the Clinton ban era. I've sent a lot of rounds through it & it's been very good to me. :biggrin:

I do like the new G19X... Very tempted.
G19X.jpg
The 19X was one of those guns that when I saw it, I knew I had to have it. I love mine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

I have an old G 17 that was my service pistol after we traded in our revolvers. When we “up gunned” (?) to the 40 S&W Glock G22 we could buy our G17’s. I did and it’s still one of my favorite 9mm’s . Mine came in the old “Tupperware “ style box.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Tula44

Post by Tula44 »

Ironnewt wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:40 pm I have an old G 17 that was my service pistol after we traded in our revolvers. When we “up gunned” (?) to the 40 S&W Glock G22 we could buy our G17’s. I did and it’s still one of my favorite 9mm’s . Mine came in the old “Tupperware “ style box.
That is pretty cool to be able to purchase your service pistol. How did you like the G22 in .40?
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

It was okay. We had some teething problems with 165 grain JHP's. When we went with 180 grain JHP'S things cleared up.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I have been trying to make myself want one. I suppose I will one day, like I need another 9MM pistol.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Tula44

Post by Tula44 »

Ironnewt wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:17 pm It was okay. We had some teething problems with 165 grain JHP's. When we went with 180 grain JHP'S things cleared up.
I really enjoy the .40 S&W
Tula44

Post by Tula44 »

SA1911a1 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:19 pm I have been trying to make myself want one. I suppose I will one day, like I need another 9MM pistol.
The G17 is an all around great handgun. I'm sure you would be able to find a lightly used one at a good price. I'm not sure how it is where you live but the gun listings here are filled with Glocks for sale right now. Some are asking crazy amounts of money though but others are more reasonable.
WandaColebo

Post by WandaColebo »

Shooting a gun is an important step for everyone. If you are a beginner, use equipment to protect your eyes ears.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

WandaColebo wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:23 am Shooting a gun is an important step for everyone. If you are a beginner, use equipment to protect your eyes ears.
I have a feeling that most of the folks here have been shooting for decades, and some, many decades. Jim was around when the Chinese invented gunpowder. It was a long time after I stated shooting that ear protection became a thing. Even in boot camp training we shot .45s, inside with no hearing protection. Of course now, I do use them, but it was a bit late. Now what was that you said?
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Tula Neil

Post by Tula Neil »

Nice we have a Glock 19 ex British Army SAS/SBS trials before it was adopted by the MOD as well as the 17 to replace the High Power.

Yes it's live and we are in the UK it's classed as a Historic pistol as only 10 were supplied for the trials therefore it's rare and allowed to be kept as part of a collection which we can shoot but not keep at home. Stored in a secure armoury at Bisley.