Morons in a Pharmacy

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
Ironnewt

Morons in a Pharmacy

Post by Ironnewt »

I did something to one of my fillings and have a screaming toothache. Trying to get a dentist on a weekend is impossible short of a visit to a Hospital ER and they are going to tell me to wait. Decide to go to the local Pharmacy and see if they have any oil of cloves or similar item. Pharmacist didn't want to be bothered as it wasn't a "Prescription" item. Two workers in the pharmacy just looked at me and pointed towards the toothbrushes and said "uhhh look there" Store manager told me to check with the Pharmacy department. Over 3/4 of the stores floor space was devoted to anything but medical items.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

tomaustin

Re: Morons in a Pharmacy

Post by tomaustin »

you just went to a retail store that happens to also sell drugs out the back door..............
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Cocaine started off as a medicine for tooth pain relief, what could possibly have gone wrong with that idea? I keep several clove oil medicines in the med kit in case of emergency. Had to use them several times, Rite-Aid has it, CVS should also, and if all else fails and you have to wait, Amazon can overnight it.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:03 am Cocaine started off as a medicine for tooth pain relief, what could possibly have gone wrong with that idea? I keep several clove oil medicines in the med kit in case of emergency. Had to use them several times, Rite-Aid has it, CVS should also, and if all else fails and you have to wait, Amazon can overnight it.
Was it "Young guns" the one kid with the bad tooth gets heroin pills in the drugstore, and eats them til he falls off his horse. Take a dab of that Sensodine toothpaste and put it right on the spot and leave it 3 min.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Thanks for the suggestions. I was able to get some thing that dulled it until Monday. Now only my wallet is hurting.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

For the time being try washing your mouth with salt water a couple times per day... Even at Wal-Mart the pharmacy people will help out... Wonder what would happen at your pharmacy if you asked for hydroxychloroquine? They'd probably have you arrested... Did you try calling your dentist and ask that a prescription be sent to the pharmacy?
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

Back when I was a kid, our local pharmacy was family owned and provided all sorts of services to the community other than medical. Need to send something by UPS? You could do that there. They also allowed you to charge items to your account-local residents were permitted to have accounts for certain items (including meds I think). If you needed a prescription filled after hours for an emergency, they'd do that too.