Stevens 555 12 gauge

Everything shotgun discussed here.
Sonny

Stevens 555 12 gauge

Post by Sonny »

This arrived from Cabelas a few days ago. A Stevens 555 12 gauge O/U with 28" barrels and screw in chokes. I took it to a nearby gravel pit and shot half a box of some old No.2 shot and damn this little gun has some recoil. Well it is light at only 6lbs and that explains the kick. :lol:

Gonna try trap shooting with it this weekend if the weather stays nice and I'll let you know how I do with this new gun. :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Stevens 555 12 gauge

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice gun, I hear the Turks make them pretty good. Look at that neatly stacked stove wood, why split so small? Small stove? I split four times that big, but then the shop stove is like a locomotive firebox, 25+ cord this year, I am tired of splitting wood, and don't plan anymore until next fall.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:55 pm Nice gun, I hear the Turks make them pretty good. Look at that neatly stacked stove wood, why split so small? Small stove? I split four times that big, but then the shop stove is like a locomotive firebox, 25+ cord this year, I am tired of splitting wood, and don't plan anymore until next fall.
That's our wood for camping, don't need big chunks to cook weenies. :lol:
entropy

Post by entropy »

I took it to a nearby gravel pit and shot half a box of some old No.2 shot and damn this little gun has some recoil. Well it is light at only 6lbs and that explains the kick. :lol:
You can't say I didn't warn you. :D

Great field gun, though. (except for doves. That's a lot of shooting!)
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

entropy wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:15 am
I took it to a nearby gravel pit and shot half a box of some old No.2 shot and damn this little gun has some recoil. Well it is light at only 6lbs and that explains the kick. :lol:
You can't say I didn't warn you. :D

Great field gun, though. (except for doves. That's a lot of shooting!)
Yes you did warn me but I shot four rounds of trap and the recoil was bearable but a lot worse than the 20 gauge I had been shooting. :thumbsup:

My aim on the first round was not to good. I only hit 17 but then things picked up and I hit 21-22-22 which is pretty good. :wink:

This time of year they shoot Saturdays, Sundays and Wednesday evenings so I might go back tomorrow.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

:wink:
Sonny wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:17 pm
Junk Yard Dog wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:55 pm Nice gun, I hear the Turks make them pretty good. Look at that neatly stacked stove wood, why split so small? Small stove? I split four times that big, but then the shop stove is like a locomotive firebox, 25+ cord this year, I am tired of splitting wood, and don't plan anymore until next fall.
White men build a big fire and stand back away from it, but Indians build a little fire and get real close. :wink:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

steelbuttplate wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:05 am :wink:
Sonny wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:17 pm
White men build a big fire and stand back away from it, but Indians build a little fire and get real close. :wink:
Like hell, when it's 10 outside I am hugging that stove.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt