Made a good trade

Reloading and any ammunition discussions are here.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Made a good trade

Post by bunkysdad »

There was a time when you could trade your accumulated Ammo for good stuff you needed, but nowadays it’s the other way around. Traded a old chain saw to a buddy who no longer needed this spam can of Mosin food. I made out real good, and my buddy was happy as a clamImage
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Made a good trade

Post by millman »

Good deal.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Last one like that I bought cost a hundred dollars, and that was half the market value a couple of years back. Wasn't me that found it, a friend of mine stumbled across it at a flea market. I hate to think what these cans go for today.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I saw one for sale recently for 300.00. That was at a gun show last month and it was being passed right up
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

A good deal is when both side are happy with the deal.

Darryl
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

dolk wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:26 pm A good deal is when both side are happy with the deal.

Darryl
Dat's right!
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I inventoried my ammo earlier in the week. With that information, I think I may be rich! Maybe I will do like Richie Rich and open all the cans and play in the ammo.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum