Mosin Classified Add Price

NEW! If it won't quite fit elsewhere, maybe it will fit here!!!!
Strictly at the mercy of the Administrators (could be moved)
etprescottazusa91

Mosin Classified Add Price

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

I saw this in a local forum recently, the rifle that is the subject of this add sold pretty quick. Is $300.00 the typical going rate for a decent model 44 Mosin today, was this a good deal, fair deal, average deal? Any thoughts on Mosin 44 rifles selling for $300.00 in 2020
Capture 1944 mosin add.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
capt14k

Re: Mosin Classified Add Price

Post by capt14k »

On the good side of fair.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I've got 3 saved on GB (ended) that sold for $450, $510, and $785. :big shock: All 1944's.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

Was the $785 a Tula?

Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

I would say the buyer got a deal and the seller got what he wanted out of it.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

capt14k wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:08 pm Was the $785 a Tula?

No, a '44 Ishevsk, been humped into a new looking Polish stock. 29 bids. $45 shipping.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
etprescottazusa91

Ironnewt wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:06 pm I would say the buyer got a deal and the seller got what he wanted out of it.
Appreciate everyone's opinions, people around the U.S. are paying a lot of money for these rifles now. I'm seeing that $300.00 is about the going rate for a Model 44 here in Arizona, about $349.00 in the pawn shops around the valley, a bunch of these are for sale.

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

etprescottazusa91 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:39 pm
Ironnewt wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:06 pm I would say the buyer got a deal and the seller got what he wanted out of it.
Appreciate everyone's opinions, people around the U.S. are paying a lot of money for these rifles now. I'm seeing that $300.00 is about the going rate for a Model 44 here in Arizona, about $349.00 in the pawn shops around the valley, a bunch of these are for sale.
. If you can find a '46-'48 for that grab it.
etprescottazusa91

steelbuttplate wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:27 pm
etprescottazusa91 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:39 pm
. If you can find a '46-'48 for that grab it.
I sold all my post war model 44's in early 2000 because they were not "wartime" guns, that was probably an error in judgement regarding those rifles. :roll:

Adolph Hitler – 1933
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

$300 was more than a fair price if the rifle is as advertised. I think that you will find that the big bucks are being shelled out by newbies. If it's pretty, they'll go high as evidenced by the '44 humped into a Polish stock. I don't understand the logic of the seller. My question would have been what happened to the Polish rifle? I think very few, if any, collectors would look twice at that gun. I've seen no such evidence from unique and collectible pieces. But, you don't see a lot of them hitting anymore either. Although there is a nice one out there now at a very good starting price for what it is. The collectors will bid to fair market or higher for them. The newbies don't seem too interested. I saw an M-44 recently with prewar escutcheons sell for something like $325. I was a little shocked. Not everyone's cup of tea but very unique. I would have bid on it if I was till buying.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Some of these prices are also being inflated by panic buyers who are grabbing any kind of firearm since things started going off the rails in the country. I know because the few remaining guns I had left from a lot a friend asked me to sell off for him rocketed out of here after sitting over a year, and brought top dollar.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I'm watching six 91/30's, nothing special, bid between $330 and $390, hex's a little more. M-44's are still averaging $500.
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

steelbuttplate wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:30 am I'm watching six 91/30's, nothing special, bid between $330 and $390, hex's a little more. M-44's are still averaging $500.
:big shock: