A pair of H&R M12s

Rim Fire Firearms
Mikey_P

A pair of H&R M12s

Post by Mikey_P »

Hey smallbore fans - here's some pics of my two H&R M12 22lr match rifles. The one with the adjustable buttplate also has had action pillars and bedding added. The other one is pretty much standard, except a PO stained the birch stock for some reason. Both are quite accurate :D .

Mike

The Redfield Palma rear sight was, and still is, a decent setup for both smallbore and fullbore rigs.

The Redfield Olympic front sight

A pretty decent group with Federal Automatch bulk ammo

Note the thickness of the receiver - robusto!

A nicely finished recessed target crown
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: A pair of H&R M12s

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice :) Something for me to keep an eye out for. 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Never got into those... Maybe a good thing. I can't afford to keep up as it is. :lol:

Very nice. 8-) 8-)
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

I love that 10 shot group. :D
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Mikey_P

Post by Mikey_P »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Nice :) Something for me to keep an eye out for. 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Thanks, JYD. And, the M12 is U.S. property marked as it was used as a military match rifle - that might add to the appeal for you. So keep your eyes peeled for one.
Rongoman wrote:Never got into those... Maybe a good thing. I can't afford to keep up as it is. :lol:

Very nice. 8-) 8-)
Rongoman - thanks. The 22's can be addicting - just ask Mr. Hlavinka :mrgreen:
Mikey_P

Post by Mikey_P »

millman wrote:I love that 10 shot group. :D
I'll admit that I cherry picked that particular group from several targets I have kept from that gun. The trick is to repeat a group like that on demand. Ain't happening with bulk ammo such as Fed Automatch. But it can happen, occasionally ;)
Hlavinka

Post by Hlavinka »

Yes, just ask Mr. Hlavinka... Well this weekend I actually bought some "better" ammo. Hopefully I'll get to see how the .22's like it. Mikey_P has me spending more and more time with them.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

One ragged hole. That is amazing shooting. I was looking at ammo prices and saw the match grade stuff that is available and I had no idea that ammo for a .22lr could be 30 bucks a box! Lapua has a number of choices, all match grade and expensive.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

If your shooting with those rifles... Match grade ammo is the only way to go. Anything less doesn't do them justice.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"