Finally got a bayonet for my No5 Enfield

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
willyj73

Finally got a bayonet for my No5 Enfield

Post by willyj73 »

I purchased a No5 Enfield a few years ago from Gunbroker. The rifle is in very good condition, and the price was fair at the time (I paid $535 shipped in 2016). The rifle doesn't appeal to me as much as some of the older war horses, but it's a nice handy rifle. This replaced a poorer example that had a lot of pitting under the woodline and some stock rot. I recently bought one of the bayonets that Royal Tiger has for sale. Their pricing is good compared to what I've seen these bayonets sell for in the past, but some of the examples aren't in pristine condition--some have some surface rust or pitting. I missed out on the first run when they had them listed for $99, and the second run at $129. Currently, they're up to $149 plus shipping. Luck of the draw when buying these. Fortunately, I got one in pretty good shape. Below are some photos of my No5, with a few showing the bayonet in the next line-up. As far as I know, all of the bayonets have been WSC marked.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mosin Fanboy
willyj73

Re: Finally got a bayonet for my No5 Enfield

Post by willyj73 »

Photos of the bayonet. This does have a scabbard which is in good condition (not shown). Bayonet still has bluing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mosin Fanboy
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice, I picked one up at a flea market five years ago for $25. It was in one of those junk box's full of miscellaneous stuff the seller just wanted gone, so I happily obliged him and bought it without any haggling. The No5 I bought from an older gentleman back in '94 who complained it had too much recoil, he had bought it before '68 so no import marks. I never noticed any problems, and I don't know what part is called a recoil anyway.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

What is the maker mark on the bayonet
willyj73

Post by willyj73 »

WSC
Mosin Fanboy
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Very nice catch on both rifle and bayonet.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
willyj73

Post by willyj73 »

Longcolt44 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:05 pm Very nice catch on both rifle and bayonet.
Thanks. The bayonets were a little difficult to find at a decent price prior to RTI getting them. Some people complained about the condition of some of them. But, I remember looking at the prices on Ebay which took the bayonets off of my "want to get" list. I did have a reproduction a few years ago, which I sold.
Mosin Fanboy