FIREBALLS!!

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

FIREBALLS!!

Post by Rongo »

Ok, I'm bored. Quarantine for Covid-19 Blows & nothing better to do than go through old Videos & pull out Fireball Pics. :shock:

So Lets have some fun. Everybody Post a Fireball picture from a Gun. Any Gun. The BIGGER THE FIREBALL, THE BETTER!!! :devil2:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: FIREBALLS!!

Post by Rongo »

I'll go first... :biggrin:

Shooting my 1939 Izhevsk M38 using Hungarian Lightball.

39 Izhevsk M38 FIREBALL.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

I have a couple, M38 M44 and a .54cal black powder. :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
House Beagle

Post by House Beagle »

Here’s one from a 50 AE Desert Eagle
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Desert Eagle
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
rakysk

Post by rakysk »

My wife shooting M91/30 :)
House Beagle

Post by House Beagle »

Here’s another one, early 1900’s S&W Safety Hammerless in 38 S&W, loaded with Pyrodex
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Trying to get one uploaded from me firing my reproduction Brown Bess. Flash in the pan, flash and smoke at the muzzle paper wad in the shot, ball out of sight.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Ironnewt wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:33 am Trying to get one uploaded from me firing my reproduction Brown Bess. Flash in the pan, flash and smoke at the muzzle paper wad in the shot, ball out of sight.
I'm surprised that there wasn't a lot of burned off beards even for right-handers. I'd hate to be a southpaw in those days. These Brown Bess's sure are a fireworks show... My flintlocks are of the Pennsylvania variety with much smaller flash pans that don't require that much primer powder.
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

M44
003.png
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

qz2026 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:32 am
Ironnewt wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:33 am Trying to get one uploaded from me firing my reproduction Brown Bess. Flash in the pan, flash and smoke at the muzzle paper wad in the shot, ball out of sight.
I'm surprised that there wasn't a lot of burned off beards even for right-handers. I'd hate to be a southpaw in those days. These Brown Bess's sure are a fireworks show... My flintlocks are of the Pennsylvania variety with much smaller flash pans that don't require that much primer powder.

Were a Reenactor group that fired live on special ocassions. We had a guy wearing a linen hunting frock (basically a thin coat) with fringe on the sleeves. His name was John Armstrong AKA Jim the all American boy Armstrong. He constantly set his sleeve on fire. We got to the point that we would soak his right sleeve before a match, to keep sparks out of his cartridge box. YOICKS
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Found one from 2014.. A Norinco JW2000 12 gauge with 12 inch barrels.

Yes those are legal. 8-)
neal45

Post by neal45 »

I'm having trouble with the placing of my attachments so I'll try another way.

Here are three night shots.
Kit .50 Flintlock. The pan flashes brighter than the barrel. The photo keeps doubling?
M44 with Czech target load and peculiar flash.
Replica Colt Navy. Note the percussion cap flash.

IMG_2136 (1024x683).jpg
IMG_2136 (1024x683).jpg
Night target load2.jpg