Another Mauser Haul

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
capt14k

Another Mauser Haul

Post by capt14k »

With a little luck and a lot of patience I was able to add some rare Mausers to my collection.

From Top to Bottom

All Matching Including Stock Colombian FN1950 Carbine.

Mostly Matching True Brazilian 1908 Short. Stock has been sanded, but it is the correct letter block and has the correct rear sight and is in 7mm Mauser. Only 10,000 made and most were converted to 1908/34/.30. All the others Ive seen posted elsewhere so far have been fakes made from cutting down 1908 Long Rifles.

All Matching Czech Made Brazilian 1908/34 in 7mm Mauser. I've never seen a matching one in the States. Most were also converted to 1908/34/.30. In fact this one was for sale in Germany and was imported here by the seller.

All Matching FN Venezuelan Target Mauser Made for 1954 Pan Am Games. Only a few hundred made.

K98k bnz43 single rune bolt mismatch bringback. Won that one in raffle.

I'm happy to see some of these rifles coming to market for the first time in many years. I expect there will be more. Best part was the average price shipped was under $450 piece.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Another Mauser Haul

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Nice addition.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

The Brazilian Mausers I picked up completed my Brazilian Mauser Collection.

Top to Bottom

1908 Long DWM
1908 Short DWM
1922 Carbine FN
1908/34 Czech Zbrojobko
1935 Short Mauser Werke
1935 Long Mauser Werke
1908/34/.30 Brazilian Itajuba

All are in 7mm Mauser except the last one is .30-06. All are all matching, except the 1908 Short and 1922 Carbine stocks and some small parts don't match but bolt and majority of parts do match.

Next one to complete is my Chilean Mauser Collection. Just need a matching 1895 Carbine. Image

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Damn someone's been busy or lucky or something, nice haul that's for sure.........
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

ffuries wrote:Damn someone's been busy or lucky or something, nice haul that's for sure.........
Lots of searching, deal making, and luck. Oddly other than the K98k, which I won on MeWe raffle, the rest were on GunBroker, but I made deals at prices below the starting bid, and sellers worked with me and ended auction early. I bid a lot on gunbroker, but usually don't buy much.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Looks like you did well.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain