SVT 40

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Sonny

Re: SVT 40

Post by Sonny »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:27 pm Yea, I remember praying $1500 for mine back in the mid 90's, riiiiiiiiiight, and if you believe that I have a cool bridge to sell you. I should have bought the whole case of them, two or three cases, I remember several of them sitting on the gun shop rack for months before he dropped the price to move them. All Soviet refurbs like mine. Times have changed, and like usual not for the better.
If we knew then what we know now.
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

I've seen more than a few at $1,200. There is one for sale now at $1380 shipped 1941 Tula Finn Capture L marked in the star.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

zeebill

Post by zeebill »

capt14k wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:56 pm I've seen more than a few at $1,200. There is one for sale now at $1380 shipped 1941 Tula Finn Capture L marked in the star.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

They can be had for less than that too if you shop around and are cheap like we are. Bargaining in person at shows is much easier than online for me. Usually I tell them the truth and that being I only have x amount of money available as I like to eat too! One look at me and they know I'm telling the truth. I wonder why? :chuckles: Bill