Front pocket pistol

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
steelbuttplate

Front pocket pistol

Post by steelbuttplate »

Since I got my CC permit, Ive been trying out various ways to carry. I've settled on the front pocket, the S&W 32, 3" barrel has worked well in heavy carhart pants, it's a little heavy for light pants. I have a Taurus PT slim 9 ordered, I just wondered what you guys that carry front pocket what is your favorite ?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
tjtM38

Re: Front pocket pistol

Post by tjtM38 »

KelTec P32 in .32 ACP. The smallest, lightest .32 on the planet with 7 + 1 quick shots.
Brake Weight

Front pocket pistol

Post by Brake Weight »

KelTec P3AT in a back pocket wallet style holster. Prints just like a wallet. Only issue is if your pocket isn’t deep enough to cover it and/or shirt tail not long enough then the grip would show. At 5’11”, I’m not a giant but shirts have slowly gotten shorter over the years. Not liking my belly button for the world to see every time I reach up I now shop in the tall section for shirts. 6+1.

Like the P32, no safety or slide lock. It’s a bare bones pistol. I believe the Ruger LCP and other similar ones have some amenities. But weigh more and cost more.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

I carry a S&W 638 in a DeSantis sticky pocket holster. Inside my coat in the winter, and in my front pocket when it is shorts weather.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

millman wrote:I carry a S&W 638 in a DeSantis sticky pocket holster. Inside my coat in the winter, and in my front pocket when it is shorts weather.
I love my S&W 638, but I just haven't found a suitable method of carry. I have a Safariland inside the waist band holster, and for me, it is just uncomfortable. I might look at a shoulder holster.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

My pocket carry pistol is a Ruger LCP. I put it in a sticky type pocket sleeve
20180210_164014.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Ruger LCPII comes with a pocket holster.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I'm liking this one. It's about as big as I'd want to go in the front pocket. 7+1, 9mm.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Glock Model 43 in a pocket holster. Outside sticks to your pocket when you draw the pistol.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Robertroadking

Post by Robertroadking »

2 shot .22 magnum derringer, undetectable. It may not kill him but he will be easier to fight with two collapsed lungs.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

It's all in how you use it. .22 derringer is a close up weapon, that being so you shove it hard into your assailants flesh, gut is best, pull the trigger and give them both the bullet and the expanding gas behind it. Doing that you might as well have shot him with a .357 from across the room.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Buckhead

Post by Buckhead »

Ruger LCP II 380 with the pocket holster that comes with it. Works real well.
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

Ruger KLCR 357 fits most of my front pockets . For when you do have to shoot from across the room :D
Brake Weight

Post by Brake Weight »

Jolly Green Chopper wrote:Ruger KLCR 357 fits most of my front pockets . For when you do have to shoot from across the room :D

I’ll be looking at one of these in the near future. How bad is the kick?

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I normally dress out with a 1911 on my right hip, but if I am in a hurry, I will drop this in my pocket. Not the front pocket but the rear pocket, butt up. cover up with a tee shirt and I am good to go. Five shots of hot hollow-points will make the meanest man docile.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

My preferred summer gun. CCI mini mags do well in these. Round nose lead not recommended.