My ugly duckling

All Military Snipers are discussed here!

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Sirex

My ugly duckling

Post by Sirex »

I bought this 1943 Tula PU 91/30 sniper a few years ago. Never took it out of the box or shot it. It is a Molot, IO import from AIM Surplus. The numbers on the gun match, the scope, I guess, is renumbered, but stamped. I was stoked to get it, but it is by far the ugliest Mosin I own. It is like they dipped the whole gun in a big vat of shellac. Shellac on everything, the gun, stock metal, receiver, magazine, buttplate, barrel, etc, and it is flaking off.

More pics incoming.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark AP

Re: My ugly duckling

Post by Mark AP »

I like it, just think of the shellac as a preservative!
Sirex

Post by Sirex »

Hideous stock
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sirex

Post by Sirex »

The metal is so rough. The barrel machining is so rough, it literally feels like if you run your fingernail down it, it feels like a machine screw.
Sirex

Post by Sirex »

The bore is kinda rough, no visible rust, but there is some pitting. Wondering how it will shoot. I bought some 1971 blue and yellow box Soviet target ammo last year of Gunbroker to see how it would shoot. Magazine machining is the roughest I have seen in all my Mosins as well.
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

I love it and wouldn't change a thing. congrats
Sirex

Post by Sirex »

What I am curious about most is the bore, and how the bore will affect accuracy.