Finnish Mosin

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Soldat25

Finnish Mosin

Post by Soldat25 »

Ok new to Finnish Mosins. I know this is Finnish but dont know what model. It's got the SA stamp, and bolt matches receiver. Stock looks like the old crossbolt has been taken out and moved further up on the stock. Does not appear to have a manufacturer stamp Tikka, SKY ext anywhere that I can see in the photos. Any idea what model this is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Re: Finnish Mosin

Post by Darryl »

My eyes are messed up with the smoke in the air here in Calif. Looks kind of like a M28?

Cross bolt is in the right place (picture #7).

Not sure what the hole is for (picture #5 to left).
Fledge

Post by Fledge »

M28, but it looks like a drilled hole. Not a old cross bolt hole.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Fledge wrote:M28, but it looks like a drilled hole. Not a old cross bolt hole.
That's what I though too. That is an odd place for a hole.
tailgunner67

Post by tailgunner67 »

M28
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

I'm I the only one who thinks the stock looks to be refinished?
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Titanium Hammer wrote:I'm I the only one who thinks the stock looks to be refinished?
Possibly. Hard to tell from photos sometimes.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

millman wrote:
Titanium Hammer wrote:I'm I the only one who thinks the stock looks to be refinished?
Possibly. Hard to tell from photos sometimes.
Agreed. In a couple of the pics it doesn't look quite right but in others it looks okay. I always have a tough time with Finns. Well that & I'm about 2 years late to my optometrist appointment. :)
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

It looks maybe sanded and oiled. At least no poly. I was watching that one, don't what $ it got to.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"