SCW 1936 Izhevsk M91/30 w/ "USSR" marked rear sight

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
lthilsdorf

SCW 1936 Izhevsk M91/30 w/ "USSR" marked rear sight

Post by lthilsdorf »

Picked this up from a fellow collector who was liquidating a bit of his collection. Despite the large amount of Spanish Civil War Mosin Nagants I have, I didn't have an example with the "USSR" mark on the rear sight, so I was happy to pick this one up. Lately I've been buying mostly Arisaka's, so this is only my 3rd Mosin Nagant I picked up this year. The other 2 were also Spanish Civil War rifles, haha!

Just a nice, honestly used example of a 1936 M91/30, with just a bolt mismatch. Everything else is Izhevsk marked. Stock is worn, but you can still see the proper Izhevsk cartouches on it.

Overall, I'm happy with this nice rifle and adding a missing hole to my SCW collection.

A Comprehensive Guide to the Spanish Civil War Mosin Nagant

Feel free to message me to contribute to my site!
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: SCW 1936 Izhevsk M91/30 w/ "USSR" marked rear sight

Post by Longcolt44 »

Nice pick up.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

These are cool guns. I love the look... Congrats :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

That's a great looking rifle. I've seen The USSR on the barrel but not on the sight. I like this one a lot.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: 8-)
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis