Mosin Tools ID

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Jesse

Mosin Tools ID

Post by Jesse »

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what these tools are used for? Many thanks! - Jesse

ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
steelbuttplate

Re: Mosin Tools ID

Post by steelbuttplate »

I'm guessing rifle chamber thing a ma jig ? There are members on here that translate Russian.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Beats me but it's cool. Looks like something used on the rear sight (Sort of like a bore sight).

I'm sure the smarter people will be along soon, to give you a better answer. In the meantime you might try and send Ratnik an PM he might know what it is. He has sold a few Mosin Nagant tools on this site.

Here's a link to one of his posts with other MN tools.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=30720
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I believe that's the rear sight adjustment tool set. I have in with the large set, but as I don't use these tools ( just have them as collectables) I sometimes forget what they are.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
AMCHornet

Post by AMCHornet »

Time to translate that piece of paper and find out.

Where is the member Ratnik? He can probably tell you what it says.
I'm just here for the free coffee mug and tee shirt. :vcool:
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Here's a video for the big kit, it has your two tools in it. Don't know if it tells what each tool is, couldn't figure out how to get sound on my phone.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz0vq-xUCuM
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Ratnik

Post by Ratnik »

It's rear sight height gauge. Smaller tool is control gauge for the main gauge.
Main gauge was inserted into the chamber, and sight was installed at 1,3,6,15 postion . Gauge have two steps for each setting, and must pass forward with first step and not pass with second step. If sight leaf was too high, rear sight slider was grinded from the bottom, if too low - slider was replaced with new
Paper is just quality control document
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Yea, that would be my video, I forgot I made that one, still have a few tools that haven't been in a video yet.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Ratnik wrote:It's rear sight height gauge. Smaller tool is control gauge for the main gauge.
Main gauge was inserted into the chamber, and sight was installed at 1,3,6,15 postion . Gauge have two steps for each setting, and must pass forward with first step and not pass with second step. If sight leaf was too high, rear sight slider was grinded from the bottom, if too low - slider was replaced with new
Paper is just quality control document
This is why we love you Alex...You are the man!
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Thanks Ratnik and everyone, I really appreciate the replies! The item photographed is for sale, I was unsure if I should purchase for collection. Thanks again!

I edited you post so you will have a fair shot at getting it if you decided to. For the good of it we do not allow links or descriptions that are open at the time of post. It may save you from having to bid against 50 others that would be to lazy to find them on there own.
LC44

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk