What was that?

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
steelbuttplate

What was that?

Post by steelbuttplate »

Watching an old U.S. "Why WE Fight" #5 The battle of Russia, at 12+. min. into it a scene of a Siberian shooting a semi auto. At a Polar bear. Looks like an SVT-40 mag., a SKS bolt, and an M-44 stock. This was in the pre-war footage. :?:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
capt14k

Re: RE: What was that?

Post by capt14k »

steelbuttplate wrote:Watching an old U.S. "Why WE Fight" #5 The battle of Russia, at 12+. min. into it a scene of a Siberian shooting a semi auto. At a Polar bear. Looks like an SVT-40 mag., a SKS bolt, and an M-44 stock. This was in the pre-war footage. :?:
Would help seeing the footage or screen shot.

Just a guess an AVS-36?
steelbuttplate

Re: What was that?

Post by steelbuttplate »

I don't have a link for it, but I got it streaming on Netflix.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
capt14k

Re: RE: Re: What was that?

Post by capt14k »

steelbuttplate wrote:I don't have a link for it, but I got it streaming on Netflix.
I cancelled Netflix because of their politics.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Lots of footage thru WW2 showing SVT-40, new replacement troops w/ PPS'41 , M-38's, M-44's. I even saw one soldier carrying some kind of hand held airplane bomb thing. :vcool: or not. It is on You tube. Search the whole movie description I gave.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have that series on VHS tape, it's locked in an ammo can stashed in the barn under hundreds of box's full of crap. I ain't digging it out even if I had a functional VHS player. Screen shot needed. Remember that some stuff in that series were studio depictions, reenactments using whatever and whoever was available. There was a war on, the Soviets tolerated dealing with us for the duration but not much sharing of films was going on.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

On You tube, 11:42 into the movie. Why we fight #5. I think the Capt. nailed it, an AVS 36. Can't see the muzzle, but pretty sure it's not a SVT-38.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Oh, that has to be the famous SKS 40/44.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Maine 20th

Post by Maine 20th »

whatever it was the soviets invented it. God Bless America. Pro Libertate Patria
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

SA1911a1 wrote:Oh, that has to be the famous SKS 40/44.
You surely mean a .44-40. Dudes getting old :whistle: Me too