M27

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: M27

Post by millman »

zeebill wrote:When you bring that to the range bring an assortment of ammo with as my F marked M27 is very picky as to what it closes on and if I remember right it also has a tight chamber for head space too. I don't think that rifle has a D stamping and that might make yours a no trouble fit on ammo though. Bill :D
It has a D stamp just to the left of the Tikka stamp.
steelbuttplate wrote:Is the function of the Popsicle sticks to stabilize the muzzle,? or just hold shit together?
They keep the nose from breaking off. The earlier ones without the sticks were prone to breakage. Or so I have read.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Pahtu

Post by Pahtu »

steelbuttplate wrote:Is the function of the Popsicle sticks to stabilize the muzzle,? or just hold shit together?

Support the stock - Earlier bayolug did not support the stock and the stock split when used with the bayonet, so they went with the upgrade.

Pahtu.
I do not always fire a rifle, but when I do....it is a Mosin I choose..... 8-)
B24

Post by B24 »

I think it was to strengthen the end of the stock for the bayonet. Seems like I read somewhere they had problems
with the bayonet mount breaking off the stock so the popsicle sticks were added.
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Wow! Great rifle!!!!!
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Jumperwire wrote:Wow! Great rifle!!!!!
Thanks. Good to see you around. You gonna stay a while?
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

:Drool1: Very nice Millman, congrats! Looking forward to a range report now. :thumbsup:
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

This will be a back from the dead thread I am afraid. I finally got this rifle out to shoot today. It chambered and fired Hungarian HB just fine. No groups. I just fired it to test function. All good.

C. S. Lewis
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

well, i am happy to hear you had some success......keep it clean and keep on shooting....tom
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

tomaustin wrote:well, i am happy to hear you had some success......keep it clean and keep on shooting....tom
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Will do.

C. S. Lewis
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Were you shooting out the back door at the fence again??
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
TnBuckeye

Post by TnBuckeye »

Went back and looked at photos. Beautiful example of a M27 and the winged connector just tops it all off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Longcolt44 wrote:Were you shooting out the back door at the fence again??
I was shooting offhand over and at the little pond where we made the jugs jump with your Enfield. It was frozen, which made the splashes look different from in the summer. The trigger is not overly heavy, but is really long. Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuul..... Bang.

C. S. Lewis
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Longcolt44 wrote:Were you shooting out the back door at the fence again??
SHHHHH.... I am still on good terms with my neighbor. We don't need to advertise that fence whacking thing.

C. S. Lewis